Hello.

More
22 May 2015 17:10 #72620 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Hello.
Are they all at the same point in the top corner, or are they distributed there.. shifted to the top ?
And do they move with the ship ?

This indicates whether that values for <Attachment_Bone> of these hardpoints is wrong or that it tartgets a hardpoint with that name and at this position in the .alo file.

I remember I once created some unintended Hardpoints in 3DS Max at random points in the model.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
22 May 2015 22:12 #72627 by Tecness
Replied by Tecness on topic Hello.
They start in the top corner, and stay there, no matter where the ship is.

More
22 May 2015 22:25 #72630 by Imperial
Did you really inserted valid Hardpoint bone names into the 4 tags I mentioned above ?

More
04 Aug 2015 05:14 #74093 by Imperial
Hey buddy,

I, I.. think I've just solved your 4rd fraction issue. :D
Managed to add 7 or 11 additional fractions. See:
www.stargate-eaw.de/index.php/de/compone...-to-starwars-eaw-foc

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
09 Jan 2016 15:29 #77454 by Tecness
You know, I'd love to say 'I wish I saw this months ago' but I haven't had internet for months (Hi by the way!). The tutorial you've made is a great help. So I had given up. By given up, I mean restarted. I knew I was trying to do more than I was able to, but eh. So I'm going to aim a little smaller this time. However, I'm at a slight problem. It's not stopping me from continuing, but it's confusing the hell out of me.
Admiral Akbar. He's not connected to the Home One in anyway in the base game. Instead, the base game just uses the Home One as a unique unit. But for some reason, they still have an Admiral Akbar unit & Company, and I have no idea why.

More
10 Jan 2016 02:30 #77479 by Imperial
Welcome back Tecness!

You know, I'd love to say 'I wish I saw this months ago' but I haven't had internet for months (Hi by the way!).

Yeah I was afraid you are going to say that once you come back online here.
Living without internet for a while insnt that bad, I think I am going to have 2 internet less weeks, which means plugging my ethernet cable off and moving my heavy iMac somewhere under the desk so it means more effort to get it back online. And I'd disable the Wifi router so I cant go online. I know there will be desire to "quickly check the net for a minute", hopefully I can resist.. I will resist. Because well; disabling the Internet means you can use your time to achieve all analog things you want to do for ages ^^

The tutorial you've made is a great help. So I had given up. By given up, I mean restarted. I knew I was trying to do more than I was able to, but eh. So I'm going to aim a little smaller this time.

Yeah my tutorial isnt fully complete yet. It explains 90% of that process, but I still need to figure out a way how to enable AI for the new added fractions, otherwise they only attack in Skirmish mode and the player can control them of course. But unfortunately currently Im very busy with the mod, in about 2 Months I think I am going to update that tutorial, make sure you check once in a while for new entries if you follow it.

However, I'm at a slight problem. It's not stopping me from continuing, but it's confusing the hell out of me.
Admiral Akbar. He's not connected to the Home One in anyway in the base game. Instead, the base game just uses the Home One as a unique unit. But for some reason, they still have an Admiral Akbar unit & Company, and I have no idea why.

I dont really understand this question, you mean you dont know why Akbar is a ground unit and uses additionally the code of the uniqueunit Ship?
I guess the ship is a generical spaceunit coded in uniqueunits.xml but the "herocompany" container Commander_Akbar_Team in Herocompanies.xml uses the tag

<Company_Units>Commander_Akbar</Company_Units>

which tells the container to use this unit in spacebattle mode. If you mean something else please ask again but with more details.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
10 Jan 2016 03:39 #77480 by Tecness
I moved a few months ago, and we didn't get anything really done until recently, but now I have internet and phone and tv, and it's all good.

The Empire AI seems the easiest to change to new factions, what with it having a building for it's research and everything.

The question is why they have the Commander_Ackbar in the NamedHeroUnits.XML and the Commander_Ackbar_Team in the HeroCompanies.XML if they never use them. They use the Home_One for anything relating to Admiral Ackbar.

More
10 Jan 2016 05:05 #77481 by Imperial

The Empire AI seems the easiest to change to new factions, what with it having a building for it's research and everything.

Oh, then you might change the first fraction on my costum Fractions.xml to have values of the Empire, or use Empire as template to rewrite it, then the other Fractions can be Variants of it.
True, Underworld is quite bad with its damn corruption, I disabled that for that template.

The question is why they have the Commander_Ackbar in the NamedHeroUnits.XML and the Commander_Ackbar_Team in the HeroCompanies.XML if they never use them. They use the Home_One for anything relating to Admiral Ackbar.

I guess they had different people as coders on their payroll, and similar to our team here often the one guy doesent know what the other guy is doing so if I take a guess I'd say; The one who wrote the other Ackbars additonally wanted it to be used in the game but the GC Scripters never used it and that xml instances remained "death" in the .xmls.

Never mind, why do you even invest your nervs in such unimportant details?
I'd do the modding stuff I want to achieve, which means simply using the best suited version for my purposes and thats it.

• Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
10 Jan 2016 14:38 #77489 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Hello.
Commander_Ackbar_Team is the container unit for the "icon hero" Commander_Ackbar.
This unit isn't used anywhere in the vanilla games but you can find relics in the P3 and P5 campaign. He's one of the many deprecated units that were never used.

More
28 Jul 2018 15:14 #88853 by Boriss
Replied by Boriss on topic Hello.
Hey people. Long time no hear from you boys. How are you doing? Enjoying the summer? Catchin some goa´uld by the lake, having a romantic vacation in the five star Atlantis resort, including swimming pools, stargate trips and shoot your wraith expeditions...? :D

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds