Hello.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
02 Oct 2014 20:03 #69016 by Tecness
Hello. was created by Tecness
So, seeing as how I can't speak, read, or write, anything except English, and this is a dedicated English subforum, I'll post it here :P
I'm attempting to make a (mainly) Galactic Conquest mod. So far I've added 5 planets to Equal footing, and changed a considerable amount (in my opinion) of the game. I've run in a lot of problems, but some more pressing than others. At the moment, the most pressing one is creating a dedicated BasicHutt AI because I want the Hutt's play style, to be a little unique. I am okay at XML coding but I have no idea about LUA scripting. So, yeah.

Another smaller problem that's been bothering me for a while is about changing the way certain corruptions work (mainly, Corrupt Militia). I would like to change what each corruption does, but I can't find anything in the xml files about that except Racketeering.
Any assistance would be welcome/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Klon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Manager
More
02 Oct 2014 20:07 #69017 by Klon
Replied by Klon on topic Hello.
Hey Tecness! I'm glad that you found your way from twitter into our forums. :)

Hopefully the team could help you with this complex problem.

Just a site note:
We're still searching for good modders like you to help us boosting the ground and GC part of the mod!
If you are interested please see our coder job offer here: www.stargate-eaw.de/index.php/en/recruitment/coder

Wer daran denkt aufzugeben hat es in Wirklichkeit schon längst getan!
"Wisst ihr eigentlich das hier gerade die größten Modding Götter in einem Taxi sind!?!" -Bene

• Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
03 Oct 2014 13:16 #69037 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Hello.
Hello Tecness, welcome to the forums!

Tecness wrote: At the moment, the most pressing one is creating a dedicated BasicHutt AI because I want the Hutt's play style, to be a little unique.

The non-playble AIs lack the ability to construct units of their own (unless you added that) so it can be a little tricky to use them in GC since they run out of units soon.
Regarding the Hutt AI: I never played the vanilla much, so ... What makes the Hutt's play style different?^^

Tecness wrote: I would like to change what each corruption does, but I can't find anything in the xml files about that except Racketeering.

Unfortunately the Corruption styles are pretty much hard coded. From what I've learned all you can change are very few parameters in the units black market ability.
Other than that you may want to look at the GameConstants.xml as text strings, images and some general parameters are defined there.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
03 Oct 2014 19:12 #69055 by Tecness
Replied by Tecness on topic Hello.
The gameconstants.xml doesn't really have what the corruptions do.
I want the Hutts play style to be different in the sense that they don't have the strongest or the most units, but they are stealthed 24/7.

More
03 Oct 2014 23:42 #69076 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Hello.

they are stealthed 24/7

That should be a easy effect, you just need to import any model into 3DS Max and apply the stealth textures of FOC to a simple shield shadder. The game will then display the model when any unit uses it in stealth. But opponents will still see and attack them. Hmm, maybe just change the cooldown time of the stealth ability to be 1.000000.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
04 Oct 2014 00:09 #69077 by Tecness
I was meaning galactic conquest stealth.
My entire mod is based on xml file editing. No new models, no new animations, no new sounds or anything. Just all xml files.
Right now I am just trying to figure out the Hutt AI thing, while working on the giving the hutt's acceptable units, buildings, and heroes.

Side question. Does anyone know what the Size_Value tag actually does?

More
04 Oct 2014 00:23 #69078 by Imperial
Dont know anything about the Size Value.
Oh probably you are just looking for the stealth ability some heroes or the probe droid got in galactic mode.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
04 Oct 2014 00:56 #69079 by Tecness
Nobody knows what the size value tag does.
The main problem I'm having with creating the hutt faction ai is knowing which LUA scripts I have to change/add and what has to be changed/added in them, to be able to function in galactic conquest as well as the skirmish battles.

More
04 Oct 2014 01:33 #69080 by Imperial
Well modifying the LUA Scripts can be tricky, and getting it work with xmls is tricky aswell soo..
I really really hate this game engine. Its, dumb. :(

The develloppers of EAW just invested brute force into the game and its assets in order to get it working, instead of creating a real, smart game engine.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
04 Oct 2014 03:17 #69081 by Tecness
The engine itself isn't bad, just a tab bit confusing. Certain things are completely redundant and others stupid, but it works.
I have all the editable LUA scripts and stuff it's just a matter of knowledge.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds