Hello.

More
28 Oct 2014 17:40 #69635 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Hello.
You will loose months for this.. I've warned you. :relax:
However, nice to see you are willing to do it no matter what ever it costs. You are great. :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
01 Apr 2015 22:29 #72044 by Tecness
Replied by Tecness on topic Hello.
So, I have a theory. The theory is that the game uses several files from standard EAW but doesn't include them with the files for FOC, but FOC still uses them and that's why my attempts at an AI are not working. But anyway, that's not why I'm posting again. I've take a considerable break and started working on my mod again recently, but I've broken something.
All the capturable reinforcement points on all the maps (including skirmish) are gone. They're just not there. I have no idea when, why, or how this happened. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, HELLO AGAIN.

More
01 Apr 2015 23:25 #72045 by Imperial
Nice, you're back :lol:

Yeah Foc loads many xmls from Eaw, so you might need to concider the eaw xml content as well.

I guess they're gone because the xml instance of the reinforcement points is broken, or something happend to the model.
Or you did something to a fractions file which has something to do with the code for adding reinforcement.

By the way controlling the AI: I achieved to get the AI automatically activating unit abilities in battle and moving towards my fleet via lua script..

Probably could get them moving to a random enemy planet in GC mode so they're more agressive

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
02 Apr 2015 22:45 #72048 by Tecness
Yeah, a minor faction I created based on the rebels, for whatever reason is causing it. Still no clue why, but until I figure it out, I've commented them out. So, what's up? What's new?

More
03 Apr 2015 15:29 #72053 by Imperial

So, what's up? What's new?

Nothing special :D

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
04 Apr 2015 00:35 #72054 by Tecness

Imperial wrote: Nothing special :D

Well that's always fun

More
04 Apr 2015 08:18 #72055 by Imperial
Yeah, you know the Modding buisiness..
Usually the tendious work is really dismotivating but sometimes I got these few days when I wake up and have a free day, then I get into the state of flow and see hundreds of lines of code almost writing themselves and halve of a model appearing in just a few hours.
These rare moments are indeed still fun ^^

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
06 Apr 2015 01:43 - 06 Apr 2015 02:01 #72086 by Tecness
Half in a day? So glad I don't do models.
Hey, I was taking a look at the files I have, and I don't have EAW editable(or readable at least) LUA script files. If the AI does indeed use files from them, this could be a problem.

Also, for whatever reason, when I add a new xml (GroundCompaniesRepublic.xml) to the GameObjectFiles.xml, the game does not start, at all.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 02:01 by Tecness.

More
06 Apr 2015 08:08 #72087 by Imperial

Half in a day? So glad I don't do models.

Only in really good days. Usually this process takes 1 or 2 weeks for good quality.

Hey, I was taking a look at the files I have, and I don't have EAW editable(or readable at least) LUA script files.

Yeah you can find them in a readable way if you install the Map editor for Eaw and Foc, then there will appear a "Source" mod in the .mods directory. There you can find the lua scripts in a uncompiled and readable state.

If the AI does indeed use files from them, this could be a problem.

Yap. In .\Source\Data\Scripts\AI you have directorys for Ground and Space bahavoir of the AI. These scripts seem to use the variable MainForce for what ever fraction so it is possible that the name of the fraction doesent matter for the scripts. Although I didnt had a look at all of them.

Also, for whatever reason, when I add a new xml (GroundCompaniesRepublic.xml) to the GameObjectFiles.xml, the game does not start, at all.

If you get an exception this is probably caused by the file you inserted. I never get problems after inserting anything to GameObjectFiles.xml as long the .xmls are without mistakes.

• Tecness
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
06 Apr 2015 17:48 #72091 by Tecness

Imperial wrote:

Hey, I was taking a look at the files I have, and I don't have EAW editable(or readable at least) LUA script files.

Yeah you can find them in a readable way if you install the Map editor for Eaw and Foc, then there will appear a "Source" mod in the .mods directory. There you can find the lua scripts in a uncompiled and readable state.

If the AI does indeed use files from them, this could be a problem.

Yap. In .\Source\Data\Scripts\AI you have directorys for Ground and Space bahavoir of the AI. These scripts seem to use the variable MainForce for what ever fraction so it is possible that the name of the fraction doesent matter for the scripts. Although I didnt had a look at all of them.

If you get an exception this is probably caused by the file you inserted. I never get problems after inserting anything to GameObjectFiles.xml as long the .xmls are without mistakes.

I have the files from the map editor, but it didn't look like any of them belonged to EAW. I could be wrong though. I don't get an exception error, the game goes doesn't start work. It'll start loading, then bam, desktop. No error message, nothing.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds