• baal
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] 2D-Art, Level Design
More
27 Nov 2016 12:50 #85175 by baal
Replied by baal on topic Feedback zur Open Beta
ah ok...

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things .
The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."

- The Doctor
The topic has been locked.
More
01 Dec 2016 16:42 #85206 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Feedback zur Open Beta
Mehr Feedback:

Callahad on Moddb wrote: Hey guys how was your week? Before anything else, I tried the site where I was supposed to post this but for some reason it just..... won't load. I don't know. I tried updating my browser and deactivating my firewall but it just wouldn't work XD

Anyway, here's what I found:

- Sometimes when the wraith bombers would use their ion ability thingy on a ship, the ship would (if the ship was moving prior)get stuck moving in that same direction and wouldn't respond to my commands at all. This happens only sometimes though.

- During the hold the line quest, is it still supposed to count when you automatically lose the Unknown Region area? To be honest, I didn't see that blindside coming and it's kinda annoying (I'm sorry if I sound rude but it's just that frustrating)

- When the Wraith Blitz through your worlds (I'm not incompetent I swear! It's part of my .... uh.... brilliant plan! Yeah, that's it! :D) and reach Atlantis, for some reason even if my station doesn't take damage and I annihilate those pesky Hives and !@$!!%@ Iratus my station gets destroyed. It's happened a few times already

- When using the evacuate ability on a station and you win without retreating, is your station supposed to get destroyed ?

- During the Unknown Regions mission, sometimes when I finish it the graphics go all.... trippy.

- Might I suggest making the Wraith fighters all attack you after all the big ships are destroyed so you won't spend the other half of your battle hunting every one of them down?

- Is there really no way to save all 5 ships during the Unknown Region quest other than bringing more ships to spawn in? This is a little gripe though, nothing game breaking but my perfectionist gaming side is a little irked by not saving them all XD

Welp, I hope this helps and again sorry for not posting there. I'll see to it that my computer is court martialed for this insubordination. After all, I've got a well deserved temporary leave after holding a line against an Ungodly amount of Iratus (This AI knows how to get under my skin thanks to you bastards >:D ) with nothing but a Destroyer,a Corvette, 3 frigates,a station and the hopes and dreams of the Lanteans on my back....... and some Cheetos with a side of Mountain Dew for energy.

This is Gen.Callahad signing off from a vacation station in Taranis

Ich antwortete wrote: "I tried the site where I was supposed to post this but for some reason it just..... won't load."

Weird, it is a bit slow since we installed some plugins but it should work. It might be blocked by your firewall or provider.

"I'm sorry if I sound rude but it's just that frustrating"
I exactly know what you mean, I felt frurstrated in that Wraith GC myself XD Its just really hard to balance the Wraith against these allmighty Ancients. Maybe the Selfdestruct kamikaze ability you suggeted for the common Wraith Cruiser might give more power into the hand of the Player. I will suggest it in our forums at least.

"When the Wraith Blitz through your worlds (I'm not incompetent I swear! It's part of my .... uh.... brilliant plan! Yeah, that's it! :D"
XD

"for some reason even if my station doesn't take damage"
The issue here happens because the basis code of EAW unfortunately doesent allow more then 1 line of 5 Starbases per Faction. We kind of hacked that using a Starbase replacement lua script to despawn the starbase of the Tauri faction and to spawn the ancient one in place of it. Thus the real station always gets destroyed by its own script and the engine sometimes finds that out. If we had a own ancient faction with working scripts that issue could be solved. Otherwise I see no solution for this one.

- "When using the evacuate ability on a station and you win without retreating, is your station supposed to get destroyed ?"

No, it is supposed to stay.

- "Might I suggest making the Wraith fighters all attack you after all the big ships are destroyed so you won't spend the other half of your battle hunting every one of them down?"
You are always welcome to suggest anything, but as that would increase the performance drain of lua scripts even further from my point of view that is no good idea especiallys because darts are the most common unit on the field. Here you can simply finish all big units and autoresolve to get the fighters, this is how I always do it.

"nothing game breaking but my perfectionist gaming side is a little irked by not saving them all XD"
It is achievable but really hard. If you manage to save all 5 transporters you get a ZPM.

"This is Gen.Callahad signing off from a vacation station in Taranis"
I wish I could be on that vacation station either, for a round of zero gravity voleyball. ^^

More
24 Dec 2016 08:47 #85302 by johnt007871
Replied by johnt007871 on topic Feedback zur Open Beta
Hello all,

I am new to this beta testing and I must say I am very impressed with the craftsmanship. So far, the only issues I have noticed are:

1. When an AI wraith attacks a system in GC that had only a lvl1 space station it spawned in as Taurii station and units. I linked to a screen shot below.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=824550734

2. Some of the space levels the planet is spinning very fast. It looks like a planet wide hurricane kind of fast.

3. The special ship abilities for the General (wraith super gate unit) come up as [MISSING] when you hover the cursor over the buttons.
More
24 Dec 2016 13:30 #85304 by Imperial
Hey johnt007871, welcome here.
I'm glad you're happy with our work.

When an AI wraith attacks a system in GC that had only a lvl1 space station it spawned in as Taurii station and units.

Yes thats a weird one. We hacked the Ancient station seperately to the tauri one into the game for the Tauri faction, and this is one of the side effects. Not clear how exactly this happens, maybe our starbase replacement script fails in some cases. Does it always happen for lv1 bases?

Some of the space levels the planet is spinning very fast. It looks like a planet wide hurricane kind of fast.

Nice detail, we would probably never notice that ^^
Happens because a simple xml value is a tad too high in these planet codes.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I wish you merry christmas :a_appl2:
More
23 Jan 2017 06:29 #85697 by Imperial
Velrog over on Moddb exchanged lots of PM's with me.
He is interested to BetaTest the Ancient/Asuran factions once they're online.

Further he already has some text issue feedback:

His Mod Version is 1.9.3

- The Dreadnought might say it spawns 4 fighter squads but spawns only 3.
- He says he found some text issues in the planet description of Erebus.
- He suggests that we rename Anubis faction to "Goauld" <-- and I tend to agree.
- He wishes both, Ancients AND Asurans.
- He suggests faster build times for Asuran units: because they managed to repair the exploaded tower in the series very fast, and build giant fleets in no time.
  • Jack Hunter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Texter, Coder, Scripter
More
23 Jan 2017 15:57 #85700 by Jack Hunter
Replied by Jack Hunter on topic Feedback zur Open Beta
Well, Imperial, you know this topic have no place in here, because we're still in development/discussion on it and nothing of this faction is really final yet. So it is no topic for the open beta. Please do this in another board but not here!

Nevertheless I will have a look into the mentioned texts.

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions
More
23 Jan 2017 16:09 #85701 by Imperial
Yeah sorry I just gave his oppinion on the topic, which he would post in the public forums somewhere.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds