Repetitive crash encounter

• Boriss
  • Boriss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
02 Jan 2017 10:34 #85356 by Boriss
Replied by Boriss on topic Repetitive crash encounter
About the script crash. I had it running during paused game for about 20 minutes, during which I was making a meal. After this I saved the game and went on playing. A few moments before the dreadnought was finished script stopped. Loading saved game caused the script to crash in the same moment. Only oddity I noticed was that before this I had the bug where instead of ancients outpost I had tauri outpost in space battle, and that ancient satellite. After this one specific bugged battle, however, I also noticed, that every space battle caused any space buildings I have to disappear after the battle is won, even when the given building was not damaged in the battle. Happened 3 times. The planets where the outpost bugged was the same planet where you send your first city-ship to evacuate, losing it in the process. I recaptured the planet and when wraith attacked the planet, I did not enter the battle immediately, but went on cooking the meal, just as mentioned above. Right after that battle ended all buildings vanished from that planets orbit. The same happened to two battles afterward. One battle was right in the next system, where you develop your destroyer class and the third battle hapened on the planet where you have that accident with energy. You know, that one where you do research energy and then it goes sideways. By the way, with the energy research - I researched it, then a dialogue appeared about the source being unstable, needing fixing or shutting. Thats about the very last event in galaxy map that happened whatsoever. This planet was also attacked by wraith, I won and my ancient outpost there vanished. This was the last case of my outpost vanishing. Thats all that I can tell you about the time when script crashed.
The topic has been locked.
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
02 Jan 2017 10:39 #85357 by Boriss
One more thign Id like to mention is that crash fix I came up with. Every time space battle was about to end, I saved.
If game crashed at the end of this battle, I loaded that one save and every single time I did so, the battle ended without crash.
I cant say for sure, but I got the feeling that this "fix" narrows down the list of suspects for those crashes. It cant be an accident, that one time it crashes and after immediate loading, it starts working just fine. Also noticed frequent crashes when trying to load saved game while in space battle. This "fix" I also started using a few space days before script crash in galactic map. After using this fix, however, the script kept running just fine.
  • Jack Hunter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Texter, Coder, Scripter
More
02 Jan 2017 14:36 #85359 by Jack Hunter
Replied by Jack Hunter on topic Repetitive crash encounter
@Boriss: Don't worry about the ground parts, we're working besides the Pegasus Prelude GC on it and we already have implemented a lot of nice infantry types with different weaponry for Tau'ri and Goa'uld and all will get a fitting ability without making the unit overpowered. :D

Regarding the sun: There is a reason why she it is just called "Sun" and not "Star", but because I can't say so much I just tease that there will be also other stars in other GC's with another name, so this standard star is just a normal sun. :)

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
02 Jan 2017 16:34 #85363 by Boriss
If ya say so. I will be unable to provide any beta-testing for weeks to come, so I hope anything I reported with this holidays playthrough will prove useful. Wish you luck and fun working on the mod.
More
02 Jan 2017 17:14 #85364 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Repetitive crash encounter

I had it running during paused game for about 20 minutes, during which I was making a meal.

I personally am not pleased to hear that, its a waste of precious energy into the nothing to have the game running while away from keyboard.

Also I feel bad about this, us unwillingly giving peopole a reason to do such a bad habit because of the credit generation in paused mode. :( This will end by the stable version.

Thats all that I can tell you about the time when script crashed.

Thanks for the detailed information, its certainly helpful.

One more thign Id like to mention is that crash fix I came up with. Every time space battle was about to end, I saved.
If game crashed at the end of this battle, I loaded that one save and every single time I did so, the battle ended without crash.

You elaborated a nice workaround, the mod isn't supposed to be that buggy in first line ^^

Wish you luck and fun working on the mod.

Thank you mate, we certainly will :thumbsup:
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
04 Jan 2017 10:51 #85377 by Boriss
How were your holidays by the way? Anyone seen golden pig? :D Or maybe golden Apophis? :D
More
04 Jan 2017 13:06 #85378 by Imperial
My holidays were great, escaped the cold middleeuropean weather for some action on the ocean.

No golden pig so far, but I made some photos by a beautiful rendeer (no real one). I weared my santa hat and gave it the last instructions before christmas XD
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
08 Jan 2017 10:23 #85426 by Boriss
Gotta ask you, fellas. Somethin´o grave importance. Since we already have some of non-sg-series ships, do you plan to add some more non-series ships to the game? Not suggesting a thing, just asking outta curiosity.
More
08 Jan 2017 15:43 #85428 by Imperial
Yeah the group originally decided to use only canon Ships known from the series (long time ago when I was no member).
But that wouldn't work because some factions have more units then others, so we take some fictional units to fill the gaps in some unit classes; Mainly for the Wraith faction.

Our Modeller Duke couldn't stop modelling Ashen ships while he was at it, so once they're there we thought lets use them.
By now the only mechanic that allowed us adding new fictional ships was whether the lack of classes for one of the factions or the "well its already there".

There will be some changes in the setting of Spaceships, but its mainly model improvements and almost no real addition to the ships we already got.
You might see one or two new invented ships, yes.

I started writing a excel sheet that carries all information who made our models, when and whether they are original canon or not for the model sharing thread:
stargate-eaw.de/index.php/de/forum/defau...-sgmg-model-packages

That info sheet is not entirely done yet, I could still upload you the newest draft if you are curious which of the ships is canon, there you can find out.
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
23 Jan 2017 20:34 #85716 by Boriss
It makes me wonder, since Tau´ri were unable to manufacture Asgard ships, they were only aided by them on very few occasions. So I wonder whether it is actually possible that Tau´ri too will be filled by non-series ships as the heavy stuff.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds