Repetitive crash encounter

• Boriss
  • Boriss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
26 Dec 2016 17:26 - 26 Dec 2016 18:09 #85314 by Boriss
Replied by Boriss on topic Repetitive crash encounter
Alright, I have uninstalled the game(s), cleared my pc of any data relevant, then re-installed the game and the mod. During installation of the mod, I encountered two bugs.
First, the update 1.3.1 for pegasus (not the beta) downloaded faultly, causing only 4/5 of the data to download. Retrying to download the data fixed this.
Second bug is similar to the first, just related to beta. The beta 1.9.0 only showed around 600MB of data (the very same amount of data as 1.0.0 of the main mod). Again clearing the beta and redownloading fixed this. However, when this faulty version of the mod was installed, I managed to run it. It showed original game start, then, after clicking the single player galactic conquest, it showed about 6-7 maps for galactic conquest. These conquests were named "small pegasus galaxy" "medium orion galaxy" etc. Most of them were free of any events. These maps do not show after reinstalling of the beta. (Last thought, the loading time of your web is incredibly long, dont know if its something on my end or yours though)

The compatibility check is now all OK. Will try stability.
The stability has increased rapidly. However, one repetitive crash seems to occur when I defend Edowin from the wraith with my city-ship. When I use retreat from battle it crashes every time that I tried so far. It was in the early stages of the galactic conquest, when I was still defending shipyards to give me new ship class (the destroyer class).
Last edit: 26 Dec 2016 18:09 by Boriss.
The topic has been locked.
More
27 Dec 2016 04:24 #85315 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Repetitive crash encounter
Thank you very much for your feedback and merry Chtistmas Boriss.

Yes our website is currently very slow after the installation of security plugins.
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
28 Dec 2016 10:46 #85324 by Boriss
Merry christmas santa imperial :D and all the stargate mod teammates!
More
28 Dec 2016 15:14 #85327 by Imperial
Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho :lol:
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
29 Dec 2016 16:18 - 30 Dec 2016 10:34 #85328 by Boriss
On the first day of christmas, SGC gave to me

A brand new P-90!

On the second day of christmas, SGC gave to me

Two SG teams and a brand new P-90!

On the third day of christmas, SGC gave to me

Three puddle-jumpers, two SG teams and a brand new P-90! (Anyone can continue this, to make our very own christmas carol :D )
Last edit: 30 Dec 2016 10:34 by Boriss.
More
29 Dec 2016 21:23 #85330 by Imperial
Hoho, me got too both of them ^^
Now we just need a 'gate
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
01 Jan 2017 13:16 - 01 Jan 2017 17:43 #85345 by Boriss
After a week of play, I can say for sure that in 99% of cases battle above Edowin ended with a crash. (in the center of the galaxy, a bit down right from that system with only 1 star in it).

A way to bypass these end-of-a-battle crashes is to save the game into separate save file while nearing the end of the battle (for example it is good to save when the enemy starts his retreat). If the battle results in a crash, loading this save file will result in successful exit of battle into galaxy map (as far as I have been able to test this method, it always worked).

A funy bug I just encountered. On a planet where you send your city-ship to evacuate people, then lose your ship. I reconquered that planet, built level two space station, then ancient defensive satellite. When wraith attacked that planet, I waited for about 15 minutes, cooking a meal. Then I launched the battle. Instead of ancient base, tauri base spawned, with full garrison and that satellite. After the bttle was won, both anciend base and satellite vanished from the planet in galactic map. No crash occured.

Next encounter was a few seconds before the dreadnought (Moros) research ended. The sub-routine giving player resources stopped. Loading a game saved before sub-routine end resulted in the same. This sub-routine restarted when game crashed after battle ended and restarted using crash bypass mentioned above. This restarted sub-routine was giving credits on a slower rate though. After some time, this restarted sub-routine (or sub-process if you will) also stopped and I was unsuccessful in restarting it via loading saved games. However, shortly after obtaining dreadnought Moros, I managed to capture wraith cloning facility and without any crash whatsoever fought my way all the way to the planet Iratus. Both during the battle of Iratus and of wraith homeworld, that followed, crash occurred. After conquering the whole galactic map, nothing happened. Game just went on.

Alright, thats all from my holiday playthrough. Hope this report will be of some use.

PS: Btw Sun is the name of our star. Maybe better to call other stars just stars and not suns.
Last edit: 01 Jan 2017 17:43 by Boriss.
More
01 Jan 2017 21:05 #85349 by Imperial
Thank you, the feedback will certainly be of use. We will need to have a closer look at that planet.

And yeah, your story script crashed, thats why no more credits were coming. That means almost all scripted events after that crash wont trigger. (You would miss some events).

The GC is still too buggy rigut now, once we reinforced back from holidays we'll tackle game stability.
  • Boriss
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
01 Jan 2017 21:55 #85354 by Boriss
That scripted battle where some badass entity wipes out wraith fleet from orbit worked though. No crash, just wazzap and bang, some quick dialogue and wraith were reduced to scrap and spare organs. I have no idea how to revive that event script though. One time it revived when loaded and after that it simply stayed dead for good.

I was thinking a lot about the ground part too. I wrote down some ideas about a year and so ago (the one with "pump juice to shields/dont pump juice to shields, that the asgard supership has was there too). I would like to propagate the idea of making basic SG-teams into ambush infantry with no prolonged fire value whatsoever. The idea was to give them abilities like stealth for, you know, stealth recon, and grenade for ambushing. They meet a munch o´jaffas or wraiths, they dump grenade and bang, one group is dead. Another group of enemies shows up, them no grenade, they get shredded unless they run. That would give them some use even in later stages of the game, where you have all the heavy tech but you still carry a bunch of these around for that recon. Nice spotters for artillery/air strikes too. Could harass enemy during defenses too, sneak them past enemy front lines and bang something sky-high with grenade. Enemy will pull back to get rid of them, you just run and hide. Add "hold fire" command and you got the perfect recon/surgical strike team.
More
02 Jan 2017 00:41 #85355 by Imperial
There is no other way to revive that script once it crashed and its crashed state is saved into the savegame. The only thing you could do is loading a working state savegame in time. And without causing the script to crash again: there we need to identify why and when that script crashes (ceases generating credits) and to report us so we can fix it for next patch.

I'm certain you'd like the ground mode we're about to assamble.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds