Favourite advanced Race

More
25 Aug 2009 10:36 #8020 by Patyat
Replied by Patyat on topic Favourite advanced Race

skamez wrote: But the Ancients were defeated in the pegasus galaxy by the wraith.

Not the Ancients as a whole, only the Lanteans were defeated because they were so arrogant. An example of this being ATL:'The Return:Part 2' (Season 3, Episode 11) where they send a single Puddle Jumper against the Asurans fleet without powering up the Atlantis shield because they thought they would win.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GenHornet18
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
26 Aug 2009 07:01 #8078 by GenHornet18
Replied by GenHornet18 on topic Favourite advanced Race
True as a race the ancients were only half involved in the war with the wraith, being as the ancients never seem to be in agreement especially with half of them always being ascended.

And just for the record I don't think the ancients were ever really defeated, it was more like strategic withdrawal. This added in with the fact that all humans on Earth are there descendants (which technically makes them part of the ancient race) means that they carry on the fight with the wraith, the war continues..

I am your sword, I am your shield,
Surrender is not an option()

More
26 Aug 2009 09:54 #8079 by skamez
Replied by skamez on topic Favourite advanced Race
Good point. But i think the furlings deserve a mention. They are after all one of the 4 great races.

'The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and his sub-conscious. But even your sub-conscious is too strong to resist. The only way to win is to deny it battle.' Shifu, Harcesis. Stargate SG-1 S04E17 - Absolute Power

• MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Lead 3D Artist / Project Lead a.D.
More
26 Aug 2009 10:31 #8084 by MerlinGalgotta
Replied by MerlinGalgotta on topic Favourite advanced Race
True, but there is simply too few information about them. Hopefully they will appear in the new series.

More
26 Aug 2009 10:47 #8089 by skamez
Replied by skamez on topic Favourite advanced Race
That would be awesome, but they probably won't because there trying to branch off to entirely new stargate mythology

'The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and his sub-conscious. But even your sub-conscious is too strong to resist. The only way to win is to deny it battle.' Shifu, Harcesis. Stargate SG-1 S04E17 - Absolute Power

26 Aug 2009 13:25 #8091 by MSG-Bot
Replied by MSG-Bot on topic Favourite advanced Race
Unfounded ancient technology? ^^ That is more advance than what they've found so far :P

More
28 Aug 2009 02:11 #8166 by K3NK0275
Replied by K3NK0275 on topic Favourite advanced Race
the wraith r my fav bc they a blueish green
they can eat ppl with their hand (i mean come on what if u had that power)
and they have they queens(and i would do anything for my queen if u catch my drift ;) haha

More
14 Jul 2017 10:19 #87625 by Westlee
Replied by Westlee on topic Favourite advanced Race
I'm a Tok'ra fan my self. So thats technically goa'uld but all 4 races are flawed.
The Asguard are high tech but can't grasp some basic ideas like how to make a gun or clothing.
The ancients major in arrogance and unintended consequences.
The Goa'uld steal and enslave rather than invent and teach. At least we have a reason for that.
The wraith have had thousands of years to work out how to feed on a cow or something that doesn't fight back but never thought of it.

That's why the Tau'ri will win. Don't get me started in the missed opportunities they have passed up.

More
14 Jul 2017 20:39 #87631 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Favourite advanced Race

the wraith r my fav bc they a blueish green

I also like the blue color a lot, but they're not my favorites as I have an aversion against insects :ronon:

Nice and funny conclusion Westlee.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds