Tauri fleet

• MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Lead 3D Artist / Project Lead a.D.
More
12 Jul 2010 14:17 #27066 by MerlinGalgotta
Replied by MerlinGalgotta on topic Tauri fleet
Lol, what a question! I am not going to give this very very obvious answer...
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Aug 2010 14:28 #28600 by ryann122
Replied by ryann122 on topic Tauri fleet

Tallyx wrote: Hi, first of all, I would like to tell you, how much I admire you and respect you for doing such a detailed and deep mod like Pegasus Chronicles. I am currently playing StarGate EaW(and loving it btw) and what I have learned from released info about the PC, its gonna be mindblowing! Keep up the good work!

Now to my questions:
Are you planning some changes in Tauri fleet apart from new bombers?
Are you planning some uber-ship from Earth like Achilles class/ship(I saw it on devianart: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2008/004/5/0/space_ship_stargate_achilles_by_qwerty30.jpg ) I always loved Asgard, but I miss some really good ship in tauri design, if you catch my drift.
Are you planning adding some carrier like ship for Tauri? I saw your wraith fleet and hope to see that number of ships for Tauri.
Last but not least, I LOVE your Aschen fleet especially cruiser, really blew my mind.

well I quite like this!! :D

maybe you should turn this into a mod-mod ?
and make it an optional extra but not incorporate it into the actual mod, post it on file-front maybe ?
if that's ok with the Stargate EaW team ?

(hi im new anyway my first post)
love the mod!! :D :w_b_sml: made me buy back EaW :vortex2:
  • maroon83
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • [SGMG] Writer
More
09 Aug 2010 14:51 #28604 by maroon83
Replied by maroon83 on topic Tauri fleet
Hey ryann122,
these questions have been answered on the German section ;-), but I will summarize it to you:

Afaik there wont be any "Uber-ships" like the Achilles (difficult content, because it wasn´t "in-series" and is creative content of its creator) or the Destiny for one reason: At his point they don´t make much sense, the PC-Story is based on the series so it would be quite difficult to include it.
Destiny: There is still not much known about it, so maybe the 2nd season will reveal more info...

No1 priority for the SGMG is the completion of "Pegasus Chronicles", so I dont think there will be any "Uber-ship" addon in the near future.

BUT:
As you may see I´m not a member of the SGMG, but in the past they always gave us a good surprise.
=>Time will tell.

btw: welcome to the SG:EaW community.

"We're not like the Ancients: We're not gonna sit around and wait. We don't back off; we have the capacity and the will to go kick their asses for a change." —John Sheppard

More
09 Aug 2010 16:30 #28618 by ryann122
Replied by ryann122 on topic Tauri fleet

maroon83 wrote: Hey ryann122,
these questions have been answered on the German section ;-), but I will summarize it to you:

Afaik there wont be any "Uber-ships" like the Achilles (difficult content, because it wasn´t "in-series" and is creative content of its creator) or the Destiny for one reason: At his point they don´t make much sense, the PC-Story is based on the series so it would be quite difficult to include it.
Destiny: There is still not much known about it, so maybe the 2nd season will reveal more info...

No1 priority for the SGMG is the completion of "Pegasus Chronicles", so I dont think there will be any "Uber-ship" addon in the near future.

BUT:
As you may see I´m not a member of the SGMG, but in the past they always gave us a good surprise.
=>Time will tell.

btw: welcome to the SG:EaW community.

I meant that the community could choose to add it into their own mod as a mod-mod
not developed by the devs of this game
but what about the new puddle jumper-esque troop transport (i never saw that in the series of sg-1 or sga)

and thanks for the welcome
More
09 Aug 2010 17:41 #28624 by Kampfkeks
Replied by Kampfkeks on topic Tauri fleet
well they really created some ships that weren't shown in the series but only to maintaine some balance between the races in the game (wouldn't be too funny if the tau'ri had 15 different ships and the wraith only 3).
and as for the achilles: there is simply no need for it. in the tau'ri alliance the asgard ships take the "big monster battleship"-part and the actual tau'ri ships are just the corvettes against the fighters.
all ship classes needed for the balancing to work are allready there...

Ich hab einen sitzen und hab einen stehn
und ich bin nichtmal Schizophren
WUUUSAAAA
  • MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Aug 2010 18:36 #28631 by MerlinGalgotta
Kampfkeks gave already the answer, but I will answer it again in a more general way.

1. we usually don't add ships that were invented by people who are not in the team. And as the Antilles is not invented by a team member, we won't add it. ;)
2. we only invent and add ships, that are needed because of the game design respectively the balancing. And as Kampfkeks said, uber-Tauri ships are simply pointless in the current mod design.
More
21 Mar 2011 16:33 #37675 by Russian
Replied by Russian on topic Tauri fleet
how you look at what adding "Destiny" of the Star Gate Universe in fashion.
Founded I 3d models: Shuttle - sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?...ee50374&prevstart=24
itself "Destiny" - sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?...ee50374&prevstart=24
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
21 Mar 2011 17:02 #37677 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Tauri fleet
As far as I know it is not planned to add the Destiny to the mod.
  • MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Mar 2011 18:53 #37688 by MerlinGalgotta
No, it's pointless to add it to the mod, as long as we don't make a Universe GC map respectively campaign.
  • Cuntar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • [SGMG] Coder
More
21 Mar 2011 19:00 #37689 by Cuntar
Replied by Cuntar on topic Tauri fleet
And even if we'd decide to add "SG:U" GC, that would take a lots of how-to-fit-it-in-game-design, crapload of scripting, and &@!@load of modelling required for all ships/wrecks encountered in the series.

TLDR version: No resouces for SGU GC
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds