Tauri fleet

• Tallyx
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
23 Feb 2010 10:21 #19523 by Tallyx
Tauri fleet was created by Tallyx
Hi, first of all, I would like to tell you, how much I admire you and respect you for doing such a detailed and deep mod like Pegasus Chronicles. I am currently playing StarGate EaW(and loving it btw) and what I have learned from released info about the PC, its gonna be mindblowing! Keep up the good work!

Now to my questions:
Are you planning some changes in Tauri fleet apart from new bombers?
Are you planning some uber-ship from Earth like Achilles class/ship(I saw it on devianart: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2008/004/5/0/space_ship_stargate_achilles_by_qwerty30.jpg ) I always loved Asgard, but I miss some really good ship in tauri design, if you catch my drift.
Are you planning adding some carrier like ship for Tauri? I saw your wraith fleet and hope to see that number of ships for Tauri.
Last but not least, I LOVE your Aschen fleet especially cruiser, really blew my mind.
The topic has been locked.
  • MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Lead 3D Artist / Project Lead a.D.
More
23 Feb 2010 10:35 #19525 by MerlinGalgotta
Replied by MerlinGalgotta on topic Tauri fleet
Well, first of all you should know, that we DON'T use ships, that are invented by people, who are not in the team. Means, such fan-fic ships like the Achilles will never be in the mod.
Apart from that, it all depends on how useful a new Tauri ship would be in relation to the gameplay. Currently, and that's why there are no uberships for the Tauri, all needed ship classes are already covered by the 2 known Tauri ships and the 3 different Asgard ships.
I really can understand people who want to see more Tauri ship classes, but we simply don't need them.
And we just don't have the manpower to make unnecessary things. ;)

But I am only talking about the first release. As we plan to release several addons for Pegasus Chronicles (which would contain new units, buidlinds, GC maps, skrimish maps and so on), it is not excluded at all that we will make a new Tauri ship for one of these addons.
  • Tallyx
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
23 Feb 2010 10:43 #19527 by Tallyx
Replied by Tallyx on topic Tauri fleet
Thanks for the quick answer. You didnt mention BC-304 MKII. Are you gonna change it for another ship\leave it\exclude it.
  • MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Feb 2010 10:56 #19528 by MerlinGalgotta
Hihi, my special "friend" the BC-304 Mark2. They were made by Spinobreaker and they didn't even make sense in the Final 1.1.
The 304 in Pegasus Chronicles has the role of a frigate and with Asgard beams, it would just be too powerful. And with weak Asgard beams, it would just suck.^^
Furthermore, if every normal 304 gets the beams, what would be so special about the Odyssey then? Nothing, so to keep the Odyssey unique, you won't get the beams on any other ship.
More
23 Feb 2010 21:36 #19707 by Kampfkeks
Replied by Kampfkeks on topic Tauri fleet
What about the Daedalus and the Apollo? They get Asgard-Beam-Weapons in the fifth season (maybe even the fourth, can't really remember^^) of SGA for as far as I know...

Will there be like a possible Upgrade for the ships through events or something of that kind?

Ich hab einen sitzen und hab einen stehn
und ich bin nichtmal Schizophren
WUUUSAAAA
  • McKay
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Allrounder
More
23 Feb 2010 21:53 #19712 by McKay
Replied by McKay on topic Tauri fleet
Every BC-304 hero will have its unique powerful Abilities. But they won´t all have Asgard-Beam-Weapons, due the fact, that it would be too powerful und unbalanced.
More
23 Feb 2010 22:12 #19719 by Kampfkeks
Please tell me that the Apollo will have the Horizon :O

I'm beggin you just this tiny piece of information^^
Goin to sleep now... hopin to read something really astonishing tomorrow :D

holla

WUUUSAAAA
  • MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Feb 2010 07:25 #19726 by MerlinGalgotta
It does absolutely NOT matter, what happened in the series! So, Apollo and Daedalus won't get beams and it will not be possible to activate them via upgrade or something like that.

And if we get the Horizon to work the way we want, the Apollo will get it. But there are currently a lot of issues to solve...
More
24 Feb 2010 10:09 #19731 by Kampfkeks
then i will stay prayin and just hopin for the best ^^

WUUUSAAAA
More
24 Feb 2010 21:38 #19832 by The Reaper
Replied by The Reaper on topic Tauri fleet

MerlinGalgotta wrote: It does absolutely NOT matter, what happened in the series!

Now that's not entirely true, right?
Or you gonna start base the mod on Star trek? xD

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds