Mon impression/My impression

• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 Dec 2016 22:35 #85281 by Cyril_LeGwak
Replied by Cyril_LeGwak on topic Mon impression/My impression
There is not the air of wanting to answer...sorry I really wanted to make advanced the design of the starbase...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2016 02:36 #85282 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Mon impression/My impression
You mean there's noone answering?

Yep, thats what I expected.
At the end of the day it is really easy to say "I want it to be like that" and "this feature would be cool", but it takes a bastard like me who sits in front of his monitor for months in order to achieve _anything_ at all.
Coordination of peopole is always difficult, especially when they have better things to do.

More
01 Jan 2017 20:23 #85348 by Boriss
Replied by Boriss on topic Mon impression/My impression

Imperial wrote: Coordination of peopole is always difficult, especially when they have better things to do.

Is there anything better to do than to work on this mod till your skin turns pale and your hair grey? :D :D

More
01 Jan 2017 21:27 #85353 by Imperial
Nope. Just look at my avatar, there's nothing left then the bones and beard ^^

• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
09 Sep 2017 05:59 #88188 by Cyril_LeGwak
Replied by Cyril_LeGwak on topic Mon impression/My impression
Hello again, I know that your efforts are concentrated on the combat ground now but I allow myself to post on the forum. I have finaly find a 3d model of mobile drilling platform
www.stlfinder.com/model/ancient-mobile-d...orm-7AjKN3eU/7557464

I hope you will be able to improve the design of the starbase and that this model will be useful and exploitable to you

You do a great job CARRY ON :)

More
21 Sep 2017 15:07 - 21 Sep 2017 15:09 #88262 by Imperial
Hey Cyril, sorry for the late respose I was in vacation.

Nope the model has 2,9MB File size, which means many polys were wasted. Using it without optimization would slow the game down, trying to optimize them myself costs more time then recreating it from scratch I guess.

Also it is not textured, the effort to create new textures is just more then I am willing to do.
Also my Starbase is all do now: 6 Starbase Stages + 6 Deathclones and many different single parts that are cleverly inserted into code and animated. It took me months to get all that ready and I'd be crazy to waste all of that work in order to replace it for ... even more work.

So unfortuately no, I won't change anything on the Ancient Starbase, unless maybe for the unlikely case that a bigger team like SGI releases a much better Starbase and is willing to share it.

But still thank you very much for remembering us after a longer period and also thanks for the hint, I still appreciate it man.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2017 15:09 by Imperial.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds