• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 Nov 2016 17:10 - 16 Nov 2016 17:20 #85036 by Cyril_LeGwak
Mon impression/My impression was created by Cyril_LeGwak
[FR] Mon impression

Étant un grand fan de la franchise Stargate je me permet de souligner quelques incohérences et donner des remarques personnelles sur le mod. Je tiens à préciser que je suis conscient que c’est une beta mais donner mon avis très critique certes peut-être un peu dur pourrai aider à améliorer le mod et j’espère que vous prendrez mes considérations en compte.

Les plus :

-Déjà graphiquement…c’est beau, les effets des impacts sur les boucliers c’est très bien réaliser pour un jeu de quelque année maintenant c’est bien rendu. Les textures sont assez bien réalisées elle aussi, peut-être un peu flou pour les vaisseaux des anciens.

-J’apprécie aussi le travail autour du mod et vous en félicitez avec notamment la liste de planète que l’on trouve dans le mode conquête galactique c’est relativement fidèle à la série et bien adapter au mode de jeu malgré la disposition des planète dons je ne suis pas sûr. Aussi les unités des Ancient comme les « transporteurs » et dérivés du jumpers ou encore les croiseurs asuran sont je trouve que c’est une très bonne idée à intégrer au mod.

Les moins :

-La différenciations entre la campagne et le mode conquête galactique. Je trouve excellent le travail autour des missions en fil rouge du mode de jeu sont excellent et toujours en lien avec le travail autour du mod c’est cohérent et chronologiquement juste avec la série. Mais le problème c’est que le joueur est assez restreint par le système actuel hors le mode de jeu est conquête galactique pas campagne, je pense qu’il est nécessaire de bien faire la différenciation entre les deux et faire 2 modes bien distinct, la campagne avec les missions actuelles et le mode galactique avec les 30 planètes ou plus en revoyant les revenus par planètes et temps de constructions des unités.

-Les batailles terrestres, je ne sais pas si ça sera implémenter plus tard mais cela change grandement le gameplay. Pour les unité terrestre lantienne ça sera d’avantage compliquer a créé je le comprends mais pour les Wraith il a déjà une base de départ mais actuellement ça ne dérange pas plus que ça malgré que les qu’ont le prendre trop facilement les planètes au profit de l’ennemie. D’autre bâtiments terrestres comme une cité pour les Anciens ou des laboratoires pour Wraith sera peut-être un élément de défense spatial a intégré.

-Le design des stations spatiale de type lantienne n’est très incohérents j’espère que ce n’est pas définitif, le fait que ce soit en majeur partis la flèche centrale d’Atlantis me laisse vraiment perplexe il y même le balcon…dans l’espace malgré le bouclier je ne trouve pas ça très jolie et je dois avouer que je n’ai pas compris le système des docks de la station je pence très honnêtement que le design est à revoir.

Les incohérences :

-La faction des Anciens se nomme dans la sélection du menu « Tau’ri » ce qui est incohérents étant donné que c’est le nom donné par les Goa’uld au peuple de la terre alors que la guerre entre les Wraith et les Anciens à lieux 10 000 ans avant notre ère et le donc dû le développement des Goa’ulds dans la voie lactée.

-Les Replicateurs de la galaxie de pégase sont normalement crée par les Anciens lors de la guerre pour les aidées, hors dans le mod ils sont indépendant et agressif envers les Wraith et les Anciens ce qui est incohérent dans la série leurs programmation leur empêche d’attaquer leurs créateurs, les Anciens.

-Le niveau technologique des Wraith, certains vaisseaux Wraith sont trop puissance comme l’unité capable d’absorber l’énergie des boucliers. Je pense qu’il faut jouer sur leur supériorité numérique avec un ratio d’unité pour les Wraith plus grands que pour les Anciens.

Pour conclure pour une beta ouverte le combat spatial est très jouissif dû aux gros travails autour de des unité de chacun des camps. Les missions sont bien réalisées et très intéressante à jouer autant pour les Wraith que pour les Anciens ainsi que les déférents généraux (Aurora, Moros, Reines Wraith…). Graphiquement c’est très beau c’est du super travail. Les musique sont très bien sélectionner suivant la situation, les sons (armes, vaisseau…) sont très bien notamment et aussi les sons des différents menus. Les différents interfaces customisable sont très bien.

Voilà en espèrent que l’avis d’un fan français vous aidera, ça reste du très bon travail et je vous en félicite.

A très vite et donner votre avis les développeurs comme les joueurs.

[EN] My impression

Being a big fan of the Stargate franchise I allow myself to point out some inconsistencies and give personal remarks on the mod. I would like to point out that I am aware that it is a beta but give my opinion very critical certainly maybe a little hard could i help improve the mod and I hope you will take my considerations into account.

Most :

- Already graphically ... it is beautiful, the effects of impacts on the shields is very good to realize for a game of some years now is good. The textures are pretty well realized, perhaps a little fuzzy for the vessels of the ancients.

- I also appreciate the work around the mod and you congratulate it with the list of planet that we find in the mode galactic conquest is relatively faithful to the series and well adapt to the mode of play despite the layout of the planet whose I'm not sure.
Also the units of Ancient as the "carriers" and derivatives of jumpers or asuran cruisers are I think it is a very good idea to integrate mod.

The lessers :

-The differentiations between the campaign and the galactic conquest mode. I find excellent the work around the missions in guideline of the game mode are excellent and always in connection with the work around the mod it is consistent and chronologically right with the series. But the problem is that the player is quite restricted by the current system off the game mode is galactic conquest not campaign, I think it is necessary to do well the differentiation between the two and make 2 distinct modes, the Campaign with current missions and galactic mode with the 30 planets or more by reviewing revenues by planets and building time units.

-Land battles, I do not know if it will be implemented later but it greatly changes the gameplay. For the Lantian terrestrial unit it will be more complicated to create it I understand but for the Wraith it already has a starting base but at the moment it does not bother more than that despite that the too easy to take the planets to the profit of the enemy. Other land-based buildings such as a city for the Ancients or laboratories for Wraith will perhaps be an integrated space defense element.

-The design of the space stations of the Lantian type is very incoherent I hope it is not definitive, the fact that it is in major left the central spire of Atlantis leaves me really perplexed there even the balcony ... in the space despite the shield I do not find it very pretty and I must admit that I did not understand the system of the docks of the station I pence very honestly that the design is to review.

Inconsistencies:

-The faction of the Ancients is named in the selection of the menu "Tau'ri" which is inconsistent since it is the name given by the Goa'uld to the people of the earth while the war between the Wraith and the Ancients to places 10 000 years before our era and therefore due the development of the Goa'ulds in the milky way.

-The Replicators of the pegasus galaxy are normally created by the Ancients during the war for the helped, out in mod they are independent and aggressive towards the Wraith and the Ancients which is inconsistent in the series their programming prevents them from attacking their creators, the Ancients.

-The technological level of the Wraith, some Wraith vessels are too powerful as the unit capable of absorbing shield energy. I think it is necessary to play on their numerical superiority with a unit ratio for the larger Wraith than for the Ancients.

To conclude for an open beta the space combat is very enjoyable due to the great work around the units of each of the camps. The missions are well done and very interesting to play as much for the Wraith as for the Ancients as well as the general deferents (Aurora, Moros, Queens Wraith ...). Graphically it's very beautiful it's great work. The music is very well selected according to the situation, sounds (weapons, ship ...) are very good especially and also the sounds of different menus. The different customizable interfaces are very good.

It is hoped that the opinion of a French fan will help you, it remains very good work and I congratulate you.

A very fast and give your opinion developers and players.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2016 17:20 by Cyril_LeGwak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
16 Nov 2016 19:08 #85037 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Mon impression/My impression
Hello Cyril_LeGwak,

thank you a lot for your insights:)
It's really interesting to see what other people think about the campaign.

Cyril_LeGwak wrote: -The differentiations between the campaign and the galactic conquest mode.

A few members of our community have voiced that a storyless, regular GC version of PP is something we should think of.
Is this what you are looking for as well?

Cyril_LeGwak wrote: -Land battles, I do not know if it will be implemented later but it greatly changes the gameplay.

The whole idea of Pegasus Prelude revolves around the idea that this is a space-only GC. We are still working on the ground part and it's far from being ready yet. When we came up with PP it was the plan to give something to play to the community without the necessity of a finished ground part. We are far from implementing additional faction ground units (such as the Ancients) and are still working hard on getting the ground units and structures done. Once that is case we will focus on the originally planned GCs with the three main factions. Consider PP an exception;)

Cyril_LeGwak wrote: -The design of the space stations of the Lantian type is very incoherent I hope it is not definitive

This is something we've also discussed within the team a lot. While not every one was a big fan of the design there are many who like it and appreciate the starbase's features. Since we already spent countless hours on the starbase I don't think that we will exchange it, sorry.

Cyril_LeGwak wrote: -The faction of the Ancients is named in the selection of the menu "Tau'ri" which is inconsistent

Yes, we are aware of that:)
The reason here is that the game only supports three factions properly, a fourth playable faction doesn't work properly when it comes to event scripting. That's why we have decided that the Ancients simply replace the Tau'ri in PP. Unfortunately we can't change the displayed text because the Tau'ri are still available in skirmish. There are also few other Tau'ri symbols left in PP but we figured that would be better than no GC at all;)

Cyril_LeGwak wrote: -The Replicators of the pegasus galaxy are normally created by the Ancients during the war for the helped, out in mod they are independent and aggressive towards the Wraith and the Ancients which is inconsistent in the series their programming prevents them from attacking their creators, the Ancients.

The Asurans have been very aggressive from the beginning - the Ancients designed them that way to fight against the Wraith. But you are correct that they never turned against the Ancients until McKay tempered with their base code.
Since the GC can draw a possible different story line (for example it's possible for the player to conquer all planets and defeat the Wraith) we figured it would be logical to assume that the Asurans would overcome their attack restrictions eventually. In the series, the Asurans assume the Ancients dead very fast but that must not necessarily be the case in the GC. For the sake of gameplay we have decided to add the "turn" of the Asurans here as well. Do you strongly wish it should be removed?

Cyril_LeGwak wrote: It is hoped that the opinion of a French fan will help you, it remains very good work and I congratulate you.

It definitely will! Thank you once again!:)

More
16 Nov 2016 22:49 #85040 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Mon impression/My impression

Cyril_LeGwak wrote: - Already graphically ... it is beautiful, the effects of impacts on the shields is very good to realize for a game of some years now is good. The textures are pretty well realized, perhaps a little fuzzy for the vessels of the ancients.

Thank you.

But the problem is that the player is quite restricted by the current system off the game mode is galactic conquest not campaign, I think it is necessary to do well the differentiation between the two and make 2 distinct modes, the Campaign with current missions and galactic mode with the 30 planets or more by reviewing revenues by planets and building time units.

You mean you would wish for a seperate Galactic Conquest Sandbox beside of the campaign so the player is able to play freely? This is one option we could do.

-The design of the space stations of the Lantian type is very incoherent I hope it is not definitive, the fact that it is in major left the central spire of Atlantis leaves me really perplexed there even the balcony ... in the space despite the shield I do not find it very pretty and I must admit that I did not understand the system of the docks of the station I pence very honestly that the design is to review.

Too bad you dont like my Starbase. Well, I don't intend to change it further sorry. It was supposed to look like Ancient Cities and thus has that tower as central design element. We have in our wiki entries somewhere more info about how the Starbase abililities work and I posted also a info on our news post for the Pegasus Prelude on Moddb.

-The technological level of the Wraith, some Wraith vessels are too powerful as the unit capable of absorbing shield energy. I think it is necessary to play on their numerical superiority with a unit ratio for the larger Wraith than for the Ancients.

Well we already have more Wraith on the maps then Ancients. We got all possible out of that old EAW engine, it doesent support even more wraith units. Would also be very frustrating for the Wraith player to loose legions of units to take a few ancient ships out. This balancingt we chose due to gameplay and engine limitations.

It is hoped that the opinion of a French fan will help you, it remains very good work and I congratulate you.

Thank you for your feedback Cyril.

• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
20 Nov 2016 20:01 - 20 Nov 2016 20:08 #85121 by Cyril_LeGwak
Replied by Cyril_LeGwak on topic Mon impression/My impression

(Locutus) wrote: A few members of our community have voiced that a storyless, regular GC version of PP is something we should think of.
Is this what you are looking for as well?

Yes, think it is necessary If it's possible.

(Locutus) wrote: The whole idea of Pegasus Prelude revolves around the idea that this is a space-only GC

I suspected that you work on, the space mode only do not bother me.

(Locutus) wrote: This is something we've also discussed within the team a lot. While not every one was a big fan of the design there are many who like it and appreciate the starbase's features. Since we already spent countless hours on the starbase I don't think that we will exchange it, sorry.

Too bad :,(

(Locutus) wrote: The reason here is that the game only supports three factions properly, a fourth playable faction doesn't work properly when it comes to event scripting.

I understand the problem if you can fix this later in the developpement it will also allow to have the Ancients in skirmish. It does not matter for is moment

(Locutus) wrote: The Asurans have been very aggressive from the beginning - the Ancients designed them that way to fight against the Wraith. But you are correct that they never turned against the Ancients until McKay tempered with their base code.
Since the GC can draw a possible different story line (for example it's possible for the player to conquer all planets and defeat the Wraith) we figured it would be logical to assume that the Asurans would overcome their attack restrictions eventually. In the series, the Asurans assume the Ancients dead very fast but that must not necessarily be the case in the GC. For the sake of gameplay we have decided to add the "turn" of the Asurans here as well. Do you strongly wish it should be removed?

If it is impossible for the Replicators' "camp" not to be aggressive towards the Ancients, I think it should be removed

(Imperial) wrote: You mean you would wish for a seperate Galactic Conquest Sandbox beside of the campaign so the player is able to play freely? This is one option we could do.

YES ! I think that necessary, despite the lack of dialogue for obvious reasons the cinematic are very well done and the imerssion is pretty good and the story you have created is well.

(Imperial) wrote: Too bad you dont like my Starbase. Well, I don't intend to change it further sorry.

Im sorry but I see the work done, leaving to keep it I think the structure around the spire should be more voluminous it will seem coherent.

(Imperial) wrote: We got all possible out of that old EAW engine, it doesent support even more wraith units

It is too bad too, it is also frustrating for the Ancient player to lose units in this way if the support engine not tans pis it is true that I have not played for a long time it is not impossible that I be so bad. Otherwise the Wraith units are very good as well as the station... ;)

I also think that a French translation would be welcome too, I do not know if the French community is very active on the mod if not the case do not bother you.

Thank you for taking the time to reply I will continue to post on this post my impressions with the versions to come. See you soon
Last edit: 20 Nov 2016 20:08 by Cyril_LeGwak.

More
21 Nov 2016 01:35 #85125 by Imperial

I also think that a French translation would be welcome too, I do not know if the French community is very active on the mod if not the case do not bother you.

We ran a attempt to at least translate the text to French and a bunch of other Languages. But unfortunately the translaters gave up on it, it was tons of work so it was understandable.

Though we would translate further if we had any dedicated translators with strong will.

• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
25 Nov 2016 19:17 #85144 by Cyril_LeGwak
I just got an idea for the space station I submit to you even though I know it would complicate to change it. I rethink the submarine geothermal station of the episode 3x18 "Submersion"

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/7/7e/Mobile_Drilling_Platform_Full_View.png/revision/latest?cb=20150726054845

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/2/29/Drillingplatform.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100118214702

The basis is much more consistent with the lantian architeture. There are places for jumper and when the pillar holding the sturture under water and caterpillars it is possible to turn it into a hangar or the famous dock system in the present station according to your preference. And cutting by level of the station is possible. This is not a priority but you will see well with distant versions when the mod will be more stable, I propose my idea without knowing if it is good.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/7/73/Vlcsnap-2013-07-24-01h55m11s18.png/revision/latest?cb=20130724055900

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/c/ca/Vlcsnap-2013-07-24-01h51m31s120.png/revision/latest?cb=20130724055244

And I thought to offer my help for translation, I am good in English (relatively) and I know the terms specific to the French in relation to the serie (Like "ZPM" in french "E2PZ") how can you help ?

See you soon

More
25 Nov 2016 19:31 #85145 by Imperial
Oh the images look great Cyril.
However, I spent 2-3 Months to get that Station modelled, textured coded and finalized.
The greatest issues with Starbases is they mean I need to do everything 5x because of the Levels.

That amount of work is just an overkill, I hope you understand that I am not willing to do all of that again just for a replacement in favor of the Design. If anyone else is capable to make a new Starbase in style of these pictures I wouldnt mind to get my version replaced.

Your english is very hard to read for me, but that doesent matter for the french language ^^
Thank you very much for the offer of French Translation, I will forward your offer to our team.

• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
25 Nov 2016 21:47 #85147 by Cyril_LeGwak
Yes I write with a sustained language but I do not take the time to correct my self. For the station he have (french
community) a team developed a game/simulator, Stargate Network.
I have contacts too i think is possble to find a courageous modeler to make it I will submit the idea. The good thing with the stargate
it is that the community worldwide and is solidarity :)

It would be a pleasure to help you

More
26 Nov 2016 19:11 #85162 by Imperial

Stargate Network

Uh now I'm curious, these are the promising guys who work on the Unreal engine 4 right?
I saw some images of their work, really impressing :kawoosh:

To be honest I didn't expected a positive answer :(

If I wouldnt be that wired to Pegasus Chroniceles, my Andromeda Mod and Jurassic Life I'd gladly accompany to help them with a Stargate 1st or 3rd person shooter on UE4 :h_salute:

• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
27 Nov 2016 21:41 #85186 by Cyril_LeGwak
Yes it is well they i send them our request.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds