Summer is over...time for modding!

• Jack Hunter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Texter, Coder, Scripter
More
02 Oct 2018 16:53 #89133 by Jack Hunter
Replied by Jack Hunter on topic Summer is over...time for modding!
Wonderful. Many thanks!

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2018 17:10 #89134 by Boriss
Replied by Boriss on topic Summer is over...time for modding!
I´ll keep working on it. Will send you the file every 2-3 thousand lines so you can take a look at it.

• Jack Hunter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Texter, Coder, Scripter
More
02 Oct 2018 17:29 #89135 by Jack Hunter
Replied by Jack Hunter on topic Summer is over...time for modding!
Sounds great. Please delete the lines you're already done with or at least mark in white again, so I see your new ones. I save the files separately in case you're faster with improving than me with adding. ;)

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

More
02 Oct 2018 21:53 #89136 by Boriss
Will do.

More
03 Oct 2018 02:44 #89140 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Summer is over...time for modding!
Thank you very much Boriss, you are very diligent :D

More
03 Oct 2018 08:37 #89144 by Boriss
Yeah, but when you can copy paste one line into 20 different lines of text it helps a bit :D :D
Anyway, I have an issue with beta. Loading saved games from GC crashes the game an the wraith roll over me even on easy difficulty. That second thing might be intentional but maybe a little fewer hive ships in the first push please? :D :D

• Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
03 Oct 2018 14:12 - 03 Oct 2018 14:15 #89146 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Summer is over...time for modding!
Hello Boriss,

thanks a lot for helping us with the text improvements! We're really glad you're taking the time!
However, I'd suggest to double-check your improvements. I skimmed over the first few lines and already found some errors:
TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_PEGASUS_PRELUDE_INTRO_E
TEXT_CORRUPTION_SLAVERY_ENCYCLOPEDIA
TEXT_DESCRIPTION_ABILITY_ANTIREPLICATOR_SATELLITE_THOR_SPACE
TEXT_DESCRIPTION_ANCIENTS_AURORA_WM
TEXT_DESCRIPTION_GC_SUPERGATE
Last edit: 03 Oct 2018 14:15 by Locutus.

More
03 Oct 2018 20:03 #89152 by Boriss
Yeah, I have decided to rewrite those texts from boot.
I dont see any errors in the last 2 tho.

• Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
04 Oct 2018 19:45 - 04 Oct 2018 19:45 #89155 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Summer is over...time for modding!
TEXT_DESCRIPTION_ANCIENTS_AURORA_WM
The warship Aurora under the command of Captain Wallus was the first ship of its class and has been continually upgraded over time. The main objective of the Aurora is to explore the galaxy, but since the war with the Wraith it is mainly on the frontier, defending the Ancient territory and occasionaly departs on secret missions. For this purpose, the ship has very strong shields, a thick hull plating, 2 heavy laser batteries and 2 heavy drone launchers. During her last mission the hyperdrive of the Aurora was damaged and has to be repaired so the ship can complete its mission and bring an important message about the weakness of the Wraith technology to Atlantis.

On the second was there is a space too many (I'm too nit-picky, I know^^) but maybe the phrase could be changed a little anyway.
TEXT_DESCRIPTION_GC_SUPERGATE
The Supergate is, as its name suggests, a gigantic version of a standard Stargate. Allowing warships to travel through, it was developed by the Ori and allows them to move ships from one galaxy to another instantaneously. The only energy source capable of powering this hulking monstrosity is an actual black hole, making the deployment of Supergates very expensive and allows enemies to locate them easily.

But awesome job you're doing, I'm really grateful :)
We have soo many texts...^^
Last edit: 04 Oct 2018 19:45 by Locutus.

More
04 Oct 2018 23:27 #89157 by Boriss
My text on Aurora is
The warship Aurora, under the command of Captain Wallus, was the first ship of its class and has been continually upgraded over time. The main objective of the Aurora was to explore the galaxy, but since the war with the Wraith broke out it is mainly on the frontier, defending the Ancient territory and occasionaly departing on secret missions. For this purpose the ship has very strong shields, a thick hull plating, 2 heavy laser batteries and 2 heavy drone launchers. During her last mission the hyperdrive of the Aurora was damaged and has to be repaired so the ship can complete its mission and bring an important information about the weakness of the Wraith technology to Atlantis.

And supergate
The Supergate is, as its name suggests, a gigantic version of a standard Stargate. Built to allow warships instantaneous travel between galaxies, it was developed by the Ori and allows them to move forces between their own galaxy and the Milky way as is needed. The only energy source capable of powering this hulking monstrosity is an actual black hole, making the deployment of Supergates very expensive and allows enemies to easily locate them.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds