× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

Missing Col. Mitchell/Ori Superlaser

• Col. Reynolds
  • Col. Reynolds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
27 Oct 2013 02:38 #61613 by Col. Reynolds
Missing Col. Mitchell/Ori Superlaser was created by Col. Reynolds
Whenever I play as the Tau'ri, a bug occurs that does not allow me to build Col. Mitchell. Once I reach Tech level 4, he disappears from the interface. Also, when I can build him, and he dies, I cannot rebuild him because he does not reappear in the interface.

Also, on the map "Decision at the Supergate," I tested the Goa'uld's Capture Ori Mothership against the Map's Ori Mothership, and I noticed the Map's mothership fired it's Superlaser twice as fast as mine did. I matched them 1 versus 1 six times, and each time my Mothership was destroyed because of how rapid the Map's mothership Superlaser recharged. Is that supppose to happen?

Not much faith in Plan A?
The topic has been locked.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
27 Oct 2013 02:58 #61615 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Missing Col. Mitchell/Ori Superlaser

Col. Reynolds wrote: Whenever I play as the Tau'ri, a bug occurs that does not allow me to build Col. Mitchell. Once I reach Tech level 4, he disappears from the interface. Also, when I can build him, and he dies, I cannot rebuild him because he does not reappear in the interface.

Thanks for that report!
We experienced that from time to time by ourselves though we have not been able to identify the problem yet...
We're working on it.

Col. Reynolds wrote: Also, on the map "Decision at the Supergate," I tested the Goa'uld's Capture Ori Mothership against the Map's Ori Mothership, and I noticed the Map's mothership fired it's Superlaser twice as fast as mine did. I matched them 1 versus 1 six times, and each time my Mothership was destroyed because of how rapid the Map's mothership Superlaser recharged. Is that supppose to happen?

The Ori ship you can build in the supergate is balanced against the other units available in skirmish. For GC we plan to use a different (=stronger) version which is a bit closer to the series.
The "Decision at the Supergate" Ori ship is basically that GC variant but it isn't properly balanced yet...
I can't say that this is supposed to be like this it just turned out to be that way. Do you think it should be changed?
  • Col. Reynolds
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
27 Oct 2013 06:49 #61617 by Col. Reynolds
Replied by Col. Reynolds on topic Missing Col. Mitchell/Ori Superlaser

Locutus wrote: The Ori ship you can build in the supergate is balanced against the other units available in skirmish. For GC we plan to use a different (=stronger) version which is a bit closer to the series.
The "Decision at the Supergate" Ori ship is basically that GC variant but it isn't properly balanced yet...
I can't say that this is supposed to be like this it just turned out to be that way. Do you think it should be changed?

No, I don't think it should be change when I think about it. You are right, it would be closer to the series if the Ori ships were stronger. Though this brings up two more questions: will a New Ha'tak still be destoryed by a single laser shot, like in the series, and will the Odyssey at some point possess the power to kill an Ori ship in 3 shots, like in the series final?

• Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Oct 2013 12:36 #61626 by Locutus
Unfortunately not.
The engine is quite buggy in terms of dealing damage to several hardpoints simultaneously so even with an extreme high damage Ori ships won't be able to kill more than one hardpoint at once.
We do have some workaround plans but it is doubtful that they will work.
More
27 Oct 2013 15:30 #61628 by christ
Replied by christ on topic Missing Col. Mitchell/Ori Superlaser
I also tried to do this, but it does not work. You need to remove the hardpoint system to enable 1-shots. If you set all Hardpoints to invisible and/or undestroyable, the Ship behaves like a Single Hardpoint, but you loose al benefits of the Hardpoint System for example precise attacks on engine or shields. Which means you would play a different game.

By the way, oneshotting other ships would be extremely overpowered...
  • The Art of War
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • [SGMG] Coder, Grammar Nazi
More
27 Oct 2013 16:40 #61630 by The Art of War
Replied by The Art of War on topic Missing Col. Mitchell/Ori Superlaser

Col. Reynolds wrote: Whenever I play as the Tau'ri, a bug occurs that does not allow me to build Col. Mitchell. Once I reach Tech level 4, he disappears from the interface. Also, when I can build him, and he dies, I cannot rebuild him because he does not reappear in the interface.

Hi,

Could you please record a video of that happening? It has been reported several times, problem is I have never been able to replicate that bug...

Bene 00:22 replicators, little shiny cute bug robots

3 bottle eof wine etc.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Oct 2013 16:56 #61631 by Locutus
What do you need the vid for? I can confirm this to 100%;)
Sometimes you can't build Mitchell some time after he became available or after he died. Happened to me 10 times at least...
  • Col. Reynolds
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
27 Oct 2013 18:03 #61632 by Col. Reynolds

Locutus wrote: Unfortunately not.
The engine is quite buggy in terms of dealing damage to several hardpoints simultaneously so even with an extreme high damage Ori ships won't be able to kill more than one hardpoint at once.
We do have some workaround plans but it is doubtful that they will work.

christ wrote: I also tried to do this, but it does not work. You need to remove the hardpoint system to enable 1-shots. If you set all Hardpoints to invisible and/or undestroyable, the Ship behaves like a Single Hardpoint, but you loose al benefits of the Hardpoint System for example precise attacks on engine or shields. Which means you would play a different game.

By the way, oneshotting other ships would be extremely overpowered...

Isn't that the point? In skirmish I agree, the Ori Mothership should not be able to oneshot anything. But in the campaign, wouldn't it be nice to feel that sense of invincibility they had in the series? What if we gave it a second special ability, where it was allowed to one shot ships built under tech level 3? So anything under a New Ha'tak, a Daniel Jackson, or a Mantra Artillery (hero's not included.) Furthermore, we set the recharge rate to something ridiculous, that way it can only be used once, maybe twice during any given battle. That way, its a little bit of a challenge to destory one, but not absurdly difficult? Assuming they could program it some how.

In saying that, are you guys going to have in-game cinematics, like in the intro movie? Perhaps in stead of having the oneshot capability in-game (Which Christ does say its overpowered, and I could easily agree with that) you guys could always just make a cinematic showing the battle at the Supergate at the end of Season 9. As Christ again says, "You need to remove the hardpoint system to enable 1-shots. If you set all Hardpoints to invisible and/or undestroyable, the Ship behaves like a Single Hardpoint". So you could create a specials cinematic units that do not have hardpoints and therefore would be destroyed in oneshot. We get to see the Ori Ships kick ass, but never actually have to deal with ingame. Of course, if you're not having in-game videos, completely ignore this whole paragraph.

The Art of War wrote: Hi,

Could you please record a video of that happening? It has been reported several times, problem is I have never been able to replicate that bug...

Yeah, I could, if you still would like to see it.

• Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Oct 2013 18:14 #61633 by Locutus
Special abilities don't solve the problem that only one hardpoint will be damaged. (No, AeO isn't a proper solution if you think about it).

Ingame cinematics will only be part of a few tactical missions.
Surely it would work the way you described but if you'll ever see sth. like that? Well, guess you have to wait until the mod comes out;)
  • Col. Reynolds
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
27 Oct 2013 18:24 #61634 by Col. Reynolds
Whatever you guys end up doing, I'm sure it will be great.

That is unnecessary teasing!
Now you've got me all excited.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds