Correct patches?

• StarWarrior
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
18 Apr 2021 17:48 #90101 by StarWarrior
Correct patches? was created by StarWarrior
Can someone please point me in the right direction, unfortunately couldn't find this scenario in FAQ's...

Tried to join a multiplayer game in SGaW for the first time, but got the message about failing to connect to GameSpy Servers.
I thought the [Internet] button in base SaW/FoC had been updated after these were closed.

I have the mod up to date & base game (retail copy) patched to this level;
stargate-eaw.de/en/downloads/category/18-patches

So why doesn't the [Internet] button show a list hosted games? Which patch am I missing if it still shows an old style network page?
Thankyou kindly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SuperPlayer
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Story Scripter, Launcher Dev
More
18 Apr 2021 19:30 #90102 by SuperPlayer
Replied by SuperPlayer on topic Correct patches?
Hey StarWarrior!
Welcome to our forums!

Sadly, there have not been any updates to the retail copy of the game thus does it does not have working Internet multiplayer. The only multiplayer that works for the retail version of the game are the local network games (LAN)
If you want to play online, your best option is to aquire the Steam version of the game as this features working multiplayer and the game has received multiple official updates:
store.steampowered.com/app/32470/STAR_WA...e_at_War__Gold_Pack/

Please let us know if you have any questions!

• StarWarrior
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 Apr 2021 11:00 - 19 Apr 2021 11:01 #90103 by StarWarrior
Replied by StarWarrior on topic Correct patches?
Thankyou for your reply.
Damn, I thought the retail copy would have the same updates available as the Steam version (but via manual patching).

Do you know how to correctly add disk copy's into Steam?
I've tried the 'Activate a Product' with my code, but this failed.

I'm assuming the 'Add Non-Steam Game to Library' wouldn't work, as it wouldn't trigger the updates you mentioned.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2021 11:01 by StarWarrior.

• SuperPlayer
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Story Scripter, Launcher Dev
More
19 Apr 2021 11:20 #90104 by SuperPlayer
Replied by SuperPlayer on topic Correct patches?
Sadly, there is no other way than to buy the game on steam.
The game is often on sale though with prices coming as low as 5,99€.

More
21 Apr 2021 11:43 #90105 by Gamer
Replied by Gamer on topic Correct patches?
This is an answer written in German, translated into English with Google. Therefore, I include the original German text afterwards in case there are problems with the translation. I'm afraid I do not speak English.
Unfortunately, your request or plan to combine a Steam version with a game disc version does not work, as both game versions are independent games. You can install both of them side by side on the PC, it works, so both versions have to be patched separately, but not make a game out of both versions, it doesn't work. That's why the game keys don't fit either. The game keys only exactly match the version for which they were issued, i.e. either the Steam version or the game DVD version.

Dies ist eine in deutscher Sprache verfaßte Antwort, mit Google ins englische übersetzt. Daher füge ich im Anschluß den deutschen Originaltext mit bei, falls es Probleme beim Übersetzen geben sollte. Ich kann leider kein englisch.
Ihr Anliegen oder Vorhaben, eine Steamversion mit einer Spieldiscversion zusammen zu fügen, das funktioniert leider nicht, da beide Spieleversionen eigenständige Spiele sind. Sie können beide nebeneinander auf dem PC installieren, das funktioniert, da müssen dann beide Versionen auch gesondert separat gepatcht werden, nicht aber aus beiden Versionen ein Spiel machen, das funktioniert nicht. Deshalb passen die Spielschlüssel auch nicht. Die Spielschlüssel passen nur exakt zu der Version, wofür sie ausgegeben worden sind, also entweder Steamversion oder aber Spiel-DVD-Version.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds