• jon90
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 Dec 2011 12:25 #44641 by jon90
installation problem was created by jon90
Hi,

I only discovered this mod a few days ago (very exciting!) and hadn't played my copy of EAW in so long it wasn't even installed on my current computer, so I put it on just for this. I followed these directions exactly, separately, in this order, uninstalling and reinstalling everything completely between each try:

First I did this with final_13_V2_english:
"Unzip the archive in any folder. Then copy the "GameData" folder into your Empire at War root directory, usually C:/Programme/Lucas Arts/Star Wars Empire at War/ and overwrite all existing files."
without EAW update 1.5 (didn't realize I needed it) --> result: game came on with no changes

Next I tried to follow step 2.1 on this page: www.stargate-eaw.de/index.php?option=com...id=21&lang=de#p41918
as best I could as there is no "Stargate.exe" in "final_13_V2_english", substituting manual copy/paste installation from the previous step in the absence of it. without update 1.5 again (still didn't realize I needed it yet...) --> result: same, game came on, no change

Then I did all that again, but this time I installed the EAW update 1.5 or 1.05, whatever, BEFORE installing the contents of final_13_V2_english. The result this time was that the game no longer starts at all, no matter how I try to initialize it or how long I wait... :/

I even tried doing the 1.05/1.5 EAW update, then installing the mod's contents directly into the game's main folders, but this produced the same result of the game not initializing at all no matter how I tried to start it.

I am desperate to play this stargate mod! But it seems like I am running into some type of error that I can't find an explanation for based on the FAQ, install directions, and common sense. In case it is pertinent, I am running Win7, 64 bit OS and the files I keep installing are named "eawupdate1_5.exe" and "final_13_V2_english.zip". (I played the game a bit before all the install attempts to make sure it worked, and without anything extra it all works great) Please help me figure this out! I have gotten pretty frustrated as this should be extremely simple and it just won't work for me. I'm hoping there is some additional, obvious step that I need to do to make it work that someone can point out....
The topic has been locked.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
13 Dec 2011 13:25 #44644 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic installation problem
Mhh, sounds weird.
First I recommend you to uninstall the game completely.
Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucarArts (or wherever your game is installed) and delete the Star Wars Empire at War folder manually and do the following steps:

1. Reinstall the game. Make sure that it works.
2. Install Eaw patch 1.5. Make sure it works either.
3. Download the 1.3 final English again and unpack it on the desktop (not in program files; I run Win7 x64 by myself and unpacking in Program Files sometimes makes trouble).
4. Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData and create a folder named "Mods". It should look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Mods.
5. When the 1.3 is extracted you should find a folder named "Stargate". Copy it in your mods folder.
It should look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Mods\Stargate
6. Copy the "stargate.bat" you extracted from the 1.3 in your GameData folder. Click on it to run the mod.
7. You're done! :D
  • jon90
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 Dec 2011 23:41 #44668 by jon90
Replied by jon90 on topic installation problem
Ok I was following these directions again and got to step 2.. After installing only the eawupdate1_5.exe the game wouldn't open anymore again. I've been installing the file from this link:

empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Official_105_Patch;66509

Now it seems apparent that this is where my problem is coming from. Maybe it is the wrong file?? Or maybe I need to install in compatibility mode?? Please advise!

& THANK YOU!! :)
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
14 Dec 2011 09:32 #44669 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic installation problem
No, it's definitely the right link.
Do you have the EaW Gold Pack? Because you don't need the patch then.
Run it as administrator, try compability mode - but except from that I don't know what else you could try.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds