• raziel
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
06 Aug 2011 16:41 #41175 by raziel
Feedback and comments was created by raziel
Hi,

I have downloaded and played the mod v1.2. It is fantastic. I have also started tempering with the xmls a little bit. (BC304 MK2 limit is no more 6 :) )

Some comments and maybe a few suggestions that might improve the mod.
1. Atlantis expedition and Antarctica research, in my opinion should be like the tech research instead of buildings (if possible).
2. Info-tips on how to trigger an event should be put in mission accomplishments in GC. (it will make it easier)
3. Lantean Aurora ships should be build able for every GC, however a less strong version than the original Aurora build able in Atlantis after a probable research like the jabber one (if someone should point out which xml files needed to be changed I can do it and upload it here. Spaceunitcapital.xml is one for certain, adding it as a new unit and change the stats, however I think that more changes might be needed)
4. In the xml files it would make it easier if the names are in English. (I know German community is responsible for making this mod, however it would be more easy for us that we do not know German to change things. Sorry guys.)
5. Too many heroes.
6. Daedalus and Apollo should be triggered by events. (Reaching Atlantis should trigger Daedalus and first conquer planet in Pegasus the Apollo, or even make them build able choices when Atlantis is reached. Same might apply for Odyssey)
7. AI is not attacking. (That is nice though for the replicators, ori and wraith.)

I think that these are enough for now. I have also found some minor bugs and some things that might need to be polished.

Sorry for the long post.

Keep up the good work!!!
The topic has been locked.
  • raziel
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
24 Aug 2011 13:52 #41715 by raziel
Replied by raziel on topic Feedback and comments
Additional feedback comments.

I am still playing the mod and it is very good. Of course I am tweaking a little bit the GC and test the ships of all factions. I know that I am not part of the team, however I would like to give my opinion. After all the creators of the mod are making it for their fun and we are benefiting from it.

Tauri:

What I discovered from testing all ships is that the models of the ships are professional design. Thumbs up for the designers. On negative side the balance is an issue, plus the fact of the Tauri - Asgard combo ships. If the mod is based on the series then BC-304 Mk II should be the primary ship up until Atlantis is reached and humans have the Ancient data base at their disposal. Hence, Ancient ships should be able to be constructed or ancient drone weapons added to the BC-304. More or less like having the Asgard core in their disposal. I know that this is tricky, however, I believe that this gives more balance. If a GC is added, before the Asgard extinction, then Asgard ships make sense to be build able.

So what happens with the Odyssey, Apollo, Daedalus, etc. Well we know from the series that Odyssey for example can have a ZPM to be powered as well as cloaking. So, there is the tactical advantage that can be added to these 3 ships. Find a ZPM and added to one of these ships, otherwise they are just like the standard BC-304 MkII.

Lantean ships. Yes this is tricky. Tauri reached Atlantis. They continue the legacy of the Lanteans. They have the database. So, it is a possibility to build Aurora class battleships. Research, is a nice aspect of any game. Lantean research if considered by the developers team is would be a major plus.

Goa'uld:

I like the changes in the mod made from Christ. It provides balance to the ships. Until I spent more time with this mod I do not have anything to write.

Ori:

Yes I managed to get some of the Ori battleships and through them in a fight with replicators (Othalla battle). They lack the fire power of the main weapon. It will be good if they have it as an ability. Why? because they aim should be poor on a fast moving ship and should make a hell of a damage when it impacts a ship.

Wraith hives:

ZPM powered hives are good. They rise to the expectation of a Hive from the series. The standard ones are not so good. In a GC I fought and destroyed 46 standard hives and 2 ZPM powered hives in a single battle with 1 Aurora (standard type, not hero type), the Odyssey, the Daedalus and 4 standard BC-304 Mk II (I lost 1 of it). Hives are not strong and they are old ships. They issue in that fight was not balance in the way of upgrading the damage of the hives. It is the number of hive that could be entered in the fight. I believe that cap limit is the issue. There were 5 hives against my ships, cap limit possible limited the AI to bring more. I am not saying to decrease the cap of hive yet, because I noticed that the game was slowing down, in maximum cap.

Guys do not take my comments as a negative feedback. I like the mod and I became a huge fun. I believe that what the mod is lacking is Test feedback, not just functional testing. It has excellent models and it is well build, professional level in many aspects of the game.

My apologies for the long post.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
24 Aug 2011 14:35 #41716 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Feedback and comments
Wow, that was a detailed review!^^
The actual 1.3 patch release was the last update for the mod (concerning balancing, mission scripting and basically anything else).

Right now the team is working on The Pegasus Chronicles which will be released for the Empire at War-addon Forces of Corruption. This time we will make sure that the balancing is way better, that the AI is moving fleets around (and not just staying on its planets passively) and that you can play with more people online than just 3 (we still don't know what's causing the bug).
We have also included a lot of new and overworked models (as you could see some in the news), way more units, ships, special abilities, new features and general improvements. So this mod will be way better the one you know ;)

Of course this takes time. A lot of time. That's why we have launched the make-your-own-mod initiative (check out the august news) to make your waiting time enjoyable ;) Feel free to distribute mods that fix the balancing, make the AI more active or whatever you wish to be changed. The rules concerning "making a mod for our mod" can be found in these news as well.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds