Frequently asked questions (FAQ english)

• maroon83
  • maroon83's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • [SGMG] Writer
More
15 Nov 2010 13:55 #33221 by maroon83
The topic has been locked.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
03 Sep 2011 15:41 #41917 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Frequently asked questions (FAQ english)
1. General

1.1. When will the news be published?
As long as there is enough to report and the tasks are done as scheduled there will be a news post every month.
However, if there aren't any news this doesn't mean The Pegasus Chronicles has ceased development. We'll decide by ourselves if we want to release news or not.
So patience is the key^^

1.2. "Cracked" versions of EaW or FoC?
An original copy of the underlying game is needed vitally for all SGMG projects to run properly. We won't give support on any pirated copies.

1.3. I can't find the search!
Use this link: Advanced Search .
You can find it by clicking on Search -> Advanced Search
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Sep 2011 15:41 #41918 by Locutus
2. Questions about the installation

2.1. How do i install the mod Stargate: Empire at War?
Ongoing we'll explain the installation step by step. In case you prefer the instructions as a video watch the tutorial by maroon83 here .

1. Download the mod from our download area . You also find the files on ModDB . If you haven't installed Stargate: Empire at War yet, or you want to reinstall it, choose Final 1.3 English . In case you already have installed the 1.1 or 1.2, choose Patch 1.3 . How to install this one correctly you'll see in "2.2 How do I install Patch 1.2/1.3?".

2. Before installing the mod you will have to unpack it.
In case your PC doesn't "know" the file, you don't have installed a packing tool yet. One possible and free tool is named 7zip .

3. After you have unpacked the file, you have to double-clickStargate.exe, in order to start the installation process.

4. Follow the install orders. When prompted for the folder, choose the Empire at War main folder("Star Wars Empire at War").
The default path looks like this:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War
or alternatively:
D:\Games\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War

5. Wait untill the installation has finished.
You can start the game by navigating to the main folder and double-clicking the "Stargate.bat" file.
Alternatively you can start the game by using a modlauncher like e.g. this one .

2.2. How do I install the patch 1.2/1.3 properly?
In order to install this you will need .NET Framework 3.5 or above.
Furthermore you will need an installation of the original game (EaW) with installed Stargate: Empire at War 1.1-Mod.
In case you haven't installed the Stargate Mod yet, check out "2.1 Wie installiere ich die Mod Stargate: Empire at War?".
Both, the 1.2 Patch and the 1.3 Patch use the same installation procedure. Make sure, you have 1.2 Patch installed, before you start the installation of the 1.3 Patch.

1. Download the required patch at our download section or from ModDB . Choose Patch 1.2 or Patch 1.3 (depending on your needs).

2. Before installing the patch you will have to unpack it.
In case your PC doesn't "know" the file, you don't have installed a packing tool yet. One possible and free tool is named 7zip .

3. After ypu have unpacked the folder GameData, right-click it and choose "cut". Navigate to the "Empire at War" main folder and thereafter to the folder Mods. Within this you will see a folder Stargate, which you'll have to click. Now paste the GameData-folder. If pomted to overwrite files, choose "Yes"..
Done!

2.3. When I'm clicking on the "Stargate.bat"nothing happens.
Possible reasons:
1. Your game isn't patched to the actual version. Make sure that you have Patch 1.5 installed!
2. The mod has been installed incorrectly. Take a look in the main directory from Empire at War, open the Mods folder and search for a folder named "Stargate".
It should look like this:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Mods\Stargate
If you don't have a "Stargate" folder there you did something wrong. Check "2.1 How do I install the mod Stargate: Empire at War?".

2.4. When I run the game it's a mixture out of Star Wars- and Stargate.
You have installed the mod incorrectly.
In this case you need to uninstall EaW completely. Afterwards you have open the folder LucasArts and delete the folder Star Wars Empire at War manually. Then you can reinstall. Check "2.1 How do I install the mod Stargate: Empire at War?" for further information on how to install everything correctly.

2.5. I want to run the basic Empire at War but the stargate mod still starts.
Take a look at "2.4. When I run the game it's a mixture out of Star Wars- and Stargate.".
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Sep 2011 15:42 #41919 by Locutus
3. Questions about Stargate: Empire at War

3.1. How do I get to Atlantis?
Also on this topic there is a thread: Click here!

3.2. Every time I use the planetary bombing run the game crashes with an exception. Is there a solution?
As quoted in the ReadMe file, the bombing run causes an exception.
Solution: Don't use it.

3.3. Why can't I play the multiplayer part with more than 3 players?
This is a bug we unfortunately can't fix. This bug will not occur in The Pegasus Chronicles anymore.

3.4. Will you release any further content (GC's, campaigns, ...) on SG:EaW?
No. There won't be any releases based on SG:EaW because all our developing capacities are used on TPC.
But take a look at Mod for the Mod . You can find these mods here .
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Sep 2011 15:42 #41920 by Locutus
4. Questions about Stargate EaW - The Pegasus Chronicles (TPC)

4.1. When will TPC be released?
When its done. The modding group is working hard on it, however there isn't any release date yet so don't ask for it;)

4.2. Will the SGU Destiny appear in TPC?
No, the Destiny won't appear in TPC, due to story and design issues. Right now there isn't enough info on the Destiny to fit it into our concepts.

4.3. Where/how do I become a beta tester?
Eventually there will be a closed beta you will be able to apply for, however there won't be any public beta or scheduled test dates.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds