• Pegas3
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
04 Aug 2017 14:45 #88007 by Pegas3
City shields /Atlantis was created by Pegas3
Hey everyone,
I really love this mod and the GC playable as Ancients . I love Ancients technology and fleet. And I have been waiting for a possibility to control City ship in space. But in my opinion the shields strength is really low. It is too easy break through. So i have to send them far away from the battle to not lose them :o Do you have this problem too? :o

And another thing I would like to speak about. What do you think about Atlantis as hero in future GC . It would be cool to control Atlantis :o :D And have you thought about its abilities? I thought about one of Abilities. The ZPM Ability. When this ability would be activated, the shield would be fully charged and unbreakable for soma time. The speed of city would increas and the power of weapons too. I think it could be cool.

And another hero I have been thinking of is Orion. I thought about that the Orion should fire only energy weapons and the drons would be launched by the ability caled may be "drone launcher" . I would Launched enough drons to destroy target ship, even the Hive ship and any other vesel but not Space station. And during this ability the Shield power would decreace about 50%.

I hope some of my ideas are interesting for you. And let me know your opinion :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jack Hunter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Texter, Coder, Scripter
More
04 Aug 2017 14:57 #88010 by Jack Hunter
Replied by Jack Hunter on topic City shields /Atlantis
Hello,

yes we're aware of the fact that the cityship's shields aren't that strong like in the series, but this is a balancing and story related. As Wraith player you should be able to destroy even a cityship. Besides they are none-combat units, so they aren't invulnerable. ;)

Regarding Atlantis and Orion: All I can say is you think the same way like we do. Both are already done and you will some day get the possibility to play (as) them and see what nice abilities they have. :D

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

• Pegas3
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
04 Aug 2017 15:50 - 04 Aug 2017 15:52 #88011 by Pegas3
Replied by Pegas3 on topic City shields /Atlantis
Thanks for answer, yes I undestand that the Wraith should be able to break city shields, however thay should be more powerfull :o Because they are really really easy to break :o The vesel of Ancients fleet which is really hard to break trough the shields is Warship. Aurora Class has really strong shield which is good :) But that power should be usedd even with City shields because "3 ZPM " :o :D I don´t mean unbreakable forever but more stronger :o Btw I was hopeing that Atlantis could be available in GC with Ancients. :o

And for Atlantis and Orion :o I can´t wait for them :o I´m really excited how cool it will be.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2017 15:52 by Pegas3.

More
04 Aug 2017 17:14 #88013 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic City shields /Atlantis

I really love this mod and the GC playable as Ancients . I love Ancients technology and fleet. And I have been waiting for a possibility to control City ship in space.

Glad we were able to provide it.

But in my opinion the shields strength is really low. It is too easy break through. So i have to send them far away from the battle to not lose them current/yikes2 Do you have this problem too? current/yikes2

As I was the one who balanced the Shields I don't have that issue, I took this strengh value for balancing reasons.
But if you wish to change the shield Strengh, there is a way to do it. Use the Cheating functions of my tool Imperialware, there you go:
stargate-eaw.de/index.php/de/forum/defau...ic/4064-imperialware
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLild8kZ8-...GuWpqFY932TmKvSGLky5

You would open "Pride of Troy" or "Delphi" in the Manage/Cheating tab and change the Shield strengh in the "Power Values" expander. Then just hit "Save" at the bottom (if the game runs restart it) and the next time you are ingame you would have it with stronger shields.
You can also press "God Mode" in the "Unit Properties" Expander in order to have infinite shields.

And another thing I would like to speak about. What do you think about Atlantis as hero in future GC. It would be cool to control Atlantis current/yikes2 current/big_smile And have you thought about its abilities? I thought about one of Abilities. The ZPM Ability. When this ability would be activated, the shield would be fully charged and unbreakable for soma time. The speed of city would increas and the power of weapons too. I think it could be cool.

I made some versions of Cityships with different Abilities/Shield colors, you can cheat spawn them using Imerialware. Also there is a version with pluggable ZPM, which allows Atlantis to jump (together with the whole fleet) around on the map 2x until that ZPM is depleted. (But that unit is currently inactive)

And another hero I have been thinking of is Orion. I thought about that the Orion should fire only energy weapons and the drons would be launched by the ability caled may be "drone launcher" . I would Launched enough drons to destroy target ship, even the Hive ship and any other vesel but not Space station. And during this ability the Shield power would decreace about 50%.

I guess we also have a Orion already done, just spawn it.

I hope some of my ideas are interesting for you. And let me know your opinion

We had many users saying the Cityship shields were to strong or not strong enough, also they thing the Hull is to strong or not strong enough and many other things. My point is I can't make everyone happy because everyone wants something else. But User can now edit units using Imperialware and make their own balancing.

Btw I was hopeing that Atlantis could be available in GC with Ancients

There's also the unit "Ancient_Hero_Lantea" you could cheatspawn, that one has a cloaking ability.

• Pegas3
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
06 Aug 2017 16:04 #88036 by Pegas3
Replied by Pegas3 on topic City shields /Atlantis
Imperial,

Thank you so much for leting me know about this Emperialware. It´s amazing!!! I had no idea you have too many units done. They are cool. I tried Orion hero, and it´s cool how many drons are launched. But the shields are stil strong after dron swarm. :o For me it is great because the Orion wont be destroyed so easy, but you know what I mean :o

And I really admire and appreciate your work you are doing for this mod and for all of us. And I can not wait for new GC and ground battles even if I love space battles. :) :)

More
07 Aug 2017 05:30 #88040 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic City shields /Atlantis
Was my pleasure, I'm doing it for fans like you ^^

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds