Audio bug

• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
07 Nov 2016 23:58 #84682 by Cyril_LeGwak
Audio bug was created by Cyril_LeGwak
Hello i my french fan of stargate series and i love you projet i follow a long time. I donwload the launcher and mod update after change "user" option for open beta and the game working but not the sound and the audio option in the game are not accessible. What to do ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2016 03:22 #84684 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Audio bug
Hey Cyril_LeGwak, welcome to the forums!

I just wrote you a PN, sent you a alpha version of the Modlauncher I wrote. It is able to switch the game language, I think the issue in your case is that the Game tries to start the mod in a Language that is NOT English, and thus searches for sound files that dont exist.

Please be aware that my application is in early Alpha phase and many functions are not finished yet and very VIP.
Once you selected a Mod to start with it should remember your preference and you than can use it to launch TPC in the right Language.

However, now that you switch Language from (I guess) French to English and (I suppose) your System has French sound files installed that would enable the Mod sound, but disable all Vanilla Sounds.
There is a workaround for that, I would need to rename all english Sound files from _eng to _fr.
I am going to implement that feature into my program in the future if needed.

Further, you could choose to keep the French Vanilla sounds instead of the Mod ones, but then you would need to go into ./Forces of Corruption/Mods/Staragte/Data/Text and to manually rename MasterTextFile_ENGLISH.dat to MasterTextFile_FRENCH.dat or to the Language your Game has insalled. But that would only remove all MISSING text from the game but the mod sounds would still be missing.

Which OS do you use by the way?

Anyways, please tell me if it helped.
Also thank you for entering our forums, any feedback or bugreports regarding the Mod is highly welcome.

• McKay
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Allrounder
More
08 Nov 2016 09:54 #84690 by McKay
Replied by McKay on topic Audio bug
There is an option for this in the normal launcher, you can choose a language and start the mod using that language.
When using english it should then also use the english soundfiles, last time i checked, so this should already solve the issue.

• Cyril_LeGwak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
08 Nov 2016 23:12 #84706 by Cyril_LeGwak
Replied by Cyril_LeGwak on topic Audio bug
Hello again, i forced the game language with the laucher in french is working but i have prefererd the mod sound rather the french sound anyway i will write my impression of the beta very soon on forum

I am on windows 10 Imperial thank you for you assistance, good job go on !!!

• Jack Hunter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Texter, Coder, Scripter
More
09 Nov 2016 14:40 #84721 by Jack Hunter
Replied by Jack Hunter on topic Audio bug
Unfortunately we have no speech sounds in French yet, also the texts aren't all translated completely to French.

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds