• masterus
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 Mar 2013 21:47 #56837 by masterus
Some ideas to improve the mod was created by masterus
Hi i really like pegasus chronicles mod
and i want to make some suggestions to improve the game weapons.

*in game the bc-304 asgard plasma guns are in option that's an ability .i think that's a good ideas but they're still not powerful enough. I think that making all hardpoints for all ship untargetable would be a good ideas like in SCIFI AT WAR.
(I also saw that you can make the hardpoints untargetable but visible). That will allow you to make those weapons capable of destroying a ship in one salvo of drones or by several plasma fire and that would make the game being more realistic.
But those weapons need to have a very slow rate of fire and need to be an ability or you need to double click (like in christ mod) to use them (for me i prefer the second option=doubble click).good id to do the same for missiles.
for the moment a drone salvo or a plasma hit can only destroy one hardpoint.
the ancient satellite for exemple (skirmich atlantis map) is really slow but the damages it makes need to be twice powerful.
also during battle of asuras col ellis ask to witch the power from plasma guns to shield just before mckay suceed to kill all asurans maybe when the plasma guns are fired the shield can be reduced by 5-25% (same for drones weapons).
and power to shield would be a better abylity for bc-304 and aurora than power to engines
Tau'ri prefer fighting than running.

*the aurora class in games is laking of weapons but those canons as the one seen during the battle of Asuras seem to have a very slow rate of fire maybe 4-6 seconds and seem to be simple plasma canons as powerful as the one on destiny or on hatack (daedalus and appolo can support the fire of many asuran aurora class but i don't know why asurans do not use drones they may have been short on drones amos)

i count the canons seen in the battle of asuras and in other episodes that a total of 26 plasma canon.
i just wanted to add that making ancient shields less powerful than in 1.3 version was a great idea.

*in games aurora class need to be as large as an ori warhsip, hive need to be doubled
!!!scale in this drawing is not good not 200m but 100m!!!
hive in this drawing need to be twice its actual size all the others ships are good.
but in game hive cannot be so big so the size as is the drawing looks good.

asgard ships size are not good in this drawing daniel jackson need to be bigger but in game theirs sizes are good
fighter scale in game need to be reduced

*In game there are some mistakes about the amos:
*BC-304 guns are the same as the one installed during the siege of atlantis and they can act as anti fighter defense and are quite effective against fighters.
*the ancient drones in games can act as anti fighter amo and are really effective. but in game you cannot launch drones against fighters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• The Art of War
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • [SGMG] Coder, Grammar Nazi
More
12 Mar 2013 19:53 #56840 by The Art of War
Replied by The Art of War on topic Some ideas to improve the mod
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!

While we appreciate any all opinions and critisism, the huge amount of (mostly deliberately implemented) changed features seems to fit better in your own "mod for the mod" in my opinion.

Bene 00:22 replicators, little shiny cute bug robots

3 bottle eof wine etc.

• HuGuSSi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • [SGMG] Alter Hase
More
13 Mar 2013 12:32 #56845 by HuGuSSi
Replied by HuGuSSi on topic Some ideas to improve the mod
I don't have much time at the moment, but a short sentence:
All this differents to the show were made on purpose!
If you make the Hive as big as in the series, he would bug all the time and don't really make what you want.
The drones are a difficult topic either. In the Final 0.8 Version of "Stargate - Empire at War" we had really cool drones. After the first Target was destroyed they targeted the next enemy vessel. BUT they couldn't be fired at ships first, which had hardpoints.

Never had more fun with an unit in EAW...

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds