• lonewolf45
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
06 Jun 2010 19:47 #25167 by lonewolf45
destiny was created by lonewolf45
okay so im not going to spoil this for people to im going to keep this short

okay so we have seen destiney weapon systems and this proves that the mod team were right to have the same system on the current acient ships in the last versions, what id like to know is this going to continue to be the case of the 3 ships the tauri get in the next release and if so are the hardpoints going to move?
The topic has been locked.
More
06 Jun 2010 20:00 #25168 by Kampfkeks
Replied by Kampfkeks on topic destiny
i don't quite understand what you're talkin bout but i guess it's about the ancient ships which the tau'ri can get by some events, isn't it? O.o

Well if that's the case, The MG once said, that the ships will get new hardpoints and less hardpoints than in the previous versions.
And yes they will still have "ordinary" energy weapons, because if they only had drones they would be overpowered.

If that weren't the questions i'm very sorry but your post really is hard to understand^^

Ich hab einen sitzen und hab einen stehn
und ich bin nichtmal Schizophren
WUUUSAAAA
  • lonewolf45
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
09 Jun 2010 23:48 #25348 by lonewolf45
Replied by lonewolf45 on topic destiny
sorry for the confusion what i met is was the turrets going to be more destiney orinted and will they move in the next release
More
10 Jun 2010 12:57 #25351 by Kampfkeks
well considering the fact, that destiny is a pretty much outdated type of ship i wouldn't say that any characteristic of it will be transfered to the ancient war class ships

and what do you mean by "will they move?"
the ship will fire in different directions, yes, but you won't see the weaponturrets move, no, beceause the graphics won't allow it.

WUUUSAAAA
  • MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Lead 3D Artist / Project Lead a.D.
More
10 Jun 2010 21:10 #25387 by MerlinGalgotta
Replied by MerlinGalgotta on topic destiny
We will have several ships in the mod with moving respectively rotating turrets, but none will be comparable with the turrets of the Destiny. Hm, I am a bit confused somehow...^^
More
10 Jun 2010 23:17 #25400 by Kampfkeks
is it really possible to actually see how the turrets rotate? O.o despite of them beeing so small?

WUUUSAAAA
  • maroon83
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • [SGMG] Writer
More
11 Jun 2010 07:12 #25407 by maroon83
Replied by maroon83 on topic destiny
Indeed it´s possible. Of course it only makes sense in a close view, otherwise you´re right;-)
If u want to have a look how it works, check out moddb.com: There are some FoC mods using moving turrets, e.g. Rise of the Mandalorians I guess.

"We're not like the Ancients: We're not gonna sit around and wait. We don't back off; we have the capacity and the will to go kick their asses for a change." —John Sheppard

More
11 Jun 2010 14:45 #25420 by Kampfkeks
thx i'll check it out asap

WUUUSAAAA
  • McKay
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Allrounder
More
11 Jun 2010 15:45 #25426 by McKay
Replied by McKay on topic destiny
Of course we will not add moving turrets to 304 or such ships, where turrets are very small. But if you look at the Tauri troopcarrier, you can see a gatling gun that will also move.
  • lonewolf45
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 Jun 2010 10:03 #25743 by lonewolf45
Replied by lonewolf45 on topic destiny
sounds goood

to clairify i know how old the destiney is but it does go to show that the lantians would use they type of tech as besides the drones we havent seen any other type of ship to ship weapons in the serries that they use

and yes i have also heard of other mods having there turrets rotate im looking foward to seeing it in this mod then :)
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds