Alternate Reality Expansion

• GateShip1
  • GateShip1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
12 Mar 2010 16:04 #20770 by GateShip1
Alternate Reality Expansion was created by GateShip1
Yes, I know the first Pegasus Chronicles hasn't been released yet, but since they are making expansions to it I think it would be fun to suggest some ship/satellite/base ideas for an alternate reality expansion. I'll start off with a few of my own suggestions...

1. Make the ships playable in skirmish mode, not just an alternate reality GC. (If that's possible)
2. Ancient endgame destroyer with 2 swarm drone weapons hardpoints and 2 of the anti-capital ship weapons used to split apart hives at the end of season 1.
3. Atlantis in a skirmish mode :D
4. Tanks as a Tau'ri ground unit
5. Ancients as a playable faction

"Read the description!"
-Merlin
The topic has been locked.
  • MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Lead 3D Artist / Project Lead a.D.
More
12 Mar 2010 17:51 #20774 by MerlinGalgotta
Replied by MerlinGalgotta on topic Alternate Reality Expansion
Well, basically everything is possible. But there are still some respectively many things, that would simply make no sense.
And therefore, here my comments to your suggestions:
1. maybe, but if so, then with a certain system and not just everything buildable in one building (like it was in the Supergate in the Final 1.1)
2. that's one of the things that are quite useless
3. maybe (see point 1)
4. maybe, as we will expand the ground part via the addons. But if so, then only if we find an equivalent for the other 2 playable races
5. maybe
More
13 Mar 2010 06:51 #20794 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic Alternate Reality Expansion
4) Tanks sound like fun but if you think about it, it doesn't fit in the STÅRGÅTE franchise. Admittedly the same can be said about the Humvees, but at least it was somewhat mentioned in the series in "The Scourge" when Woolsey was complaining about why they couldn't take a Jeep instead of walking. To be fair, here are some ideas for the equivalent to tanks for the other two races:
•Goa'uld - Mobile Anti-Gravity Weapons Platform [M.A.W.P.] that has either a staff cannon and a shield or multiple staff cannons or some combination of the two. Different variations like the M.A.L.P. could be an option.
•Wraith - An Iratus Bug the size of a tank that freezes for a long time all ground units in a fixed radius (in keeping with the Wraith's development of stun technology) relatively large enough to prevent from being attacked by anything other than long-range ground or air attacks.
*Adapting tanks and its equivalents to the game can also be done by having them fill in for the ground transport role by allowing troops to be transported on them.

5) The Ancients are defeated and either long dead or don't care about fighting. Asurans [Pegasus Replicators] would be better for a playable faction considering they actually took part in the war. To prove a point, the Asurans should be the most likely race to be considered for another playable faction especially since the Goa'uld only set foot in the Pegasus Galaxy the one time a snake took over Colonel Caldwell's body.
  • MerlinGalgotta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Lead 3D Artist / Project Lead a.D.
More
13 Mar 2010 11:05 #20805 by MerlinGalgotta
Replied by MerlinGalgotta on topic Alternate Reality Expansion
4) well if we only add stuff that fits into the Stargate Franchise, then the mod would be completely boring. ;)
I don't like tanks too btw., but I don't want already exclude them entirely.
5) you're right, but you wouldn't anyway be able to play them simultaniously against Tauri or Goauld but in an extra GC map, which covers the war against the Wraith.
More
13 Mar 2010 20:59 #20838 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic Alternate Reality Expansion
4) I'm saying add the tanks. That's why I gave you some ideas for tank equivalents. What I'm disagreeing with is that tanks belong in the game because they could be in the series in an alternate reality. Can you imagine a tank come rolling out of a stargate? However, if you’re going to be fighting a galactic war across multiple planets you can't do it with only foot soldiers, I say add the tanks.

5) My point was that Pegasus Chronicles has enough playable factions, there's no need to add the Ancients much less anyone else.
  • GateShip1
  • GateShip1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
24 Mar 2010 20:29 #21440 by GateShip1
Replied by GateShip1 on topic Alternate Reality Expansion
To be honest I really dont like the Asurans. As this is an alternate reality I would like to play as the ancients. I guess no one liked my "Anceint Destroyer" idea... oh well.

I like your tank ideas Zero :)

Also, this forum is not just to critique my ideas! I would like others to post their own ideas too :D

"Read the description!"
-Merlin
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds