× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

Question regarding the Auroran ships.

• edmald
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 Jul 2015 03:42 #73855 by edmald
Hello! :w_b_sml2:

First of all, great mod!

Now to the brief story before my question;
I was messing around with the .XML files. Thought i'd add some ships here and there, mostly to see all the models in action.

So, i added a few Asuran ships to the Tau'ri building list and all looks fine, Icons for the ships are there in the Build menu. Constructing them with no problem. But; once you call the ship in the game crashes. I realized pretty soon that there were some crucial Asuran ship .ALO files missing from the models map.

My guess is then that the models have not yet been implemented into the mod, I've tried to search for "something" regarding the Asuran models, but i couldn't find anything that came close to my question.

Am i correct or are they simply missing from my models map?

I shall await your answer dear Stargate Team.

Regards,
Edmald.

The topic has been locked.
More
16 Jul 2015 14:52 #73858 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Question regarding the Auroran ships.
hello edmald, and welcome to the forums!

I was messing around with the .XML files. Thought i'd add some ships here and there, mostly to see all the models in action.

Welcome to the club. ;) I had the same idea, messed around with all asuran and wraith .xml units for a while, and all of a sudden I get team member ^^

But; once you call the ship in the game crashes. I realized pretty soon that there were some crucial Asuran ship .ALO files missing from the models map.

Yap, the game crashes if you try to load a .xml unit on a map that has a missing name in the <Space_Model_Name> tag.

You cant be aware of that, but we have 2 versions of the mod. In the admin version there are some models we never released by now. Its possible the .xml of that unit already exists. So yeah without model this leads to the crash you experienced. There are lot of other sources for crashes (see www.stargate-eaw.de/index.php/de/compone...eaw-anti-bugs-thread ).

• edmald
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 Jul 2015 15:58 #73859 by edmald
Replied by edmald on topic Question regarding the Auroran ships.
Thank you for a quick and an well informing answer!

I figured it was something like that. I know nothing of how to write a XML code from scratch or how it works really. Sadly it took me longer then i dare admit before i realized some files were missing. I got quite frustrated at first when the ship caused crash. I added lines of codes to to the modifications i wanted from other known -to-work- ship-files. Eventually i ventured to the Models map and saw the missing files. So to test my theory i changed the Space_model on the Asuran Frigate to a Deadalus model, and it worked perfectly.

Huge facepalm *Sighs*

So to gain access to such fantastic models, it is requiered to be a member of the Team i assume?
  • Jack Hunter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Texter, Coder, Scripter
More
16 Jul 2015 16:03 #73860 by Jack Hunter
Replied by Jack Hunter on topic Question regarding the Auroran ships.
Indeed. Or you wait till the GC's are released, because the Asuran Frigate isn't available in Skirmish yet.^^

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions
  • edmald
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 Jul 2015 16:32 #73861 by edmald
All right. I shall wait then for the GC.
Once again, thank you both for quick reply.
More
16 Jul 2015 17:37 #73862 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Question regarding the Auroran ships.

I know nothing of how to write a XML code from scratch or how it works really.

Neither did I when I started ^^

Sadly it took me longer then i dare admit before i realized some files were missing. I got quite frustrated at first when the ship caused crash.

Yeah, this game engine and its millions of possible xml errors are indeed very frustarting. Even if you exactly know what you're doing its time intensive and sometimes frustrating to get the things working.

If you wish to learn more about xml coding I can offer some basic Tutorial videos (coding is in part 10 and above):
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLild8kZ8-...aGqLWuJdGFSSXlrv3B_9

Thank you for a quick and an well informing answer!

You're welcome :D
  • edmald
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 Jul 2015 17:41 #73863 by edmald
Thank you, i will check it out!
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds