× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

Stupid UI?

• cypres
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 Jul 2015 10:55 - 13 Jul 2015 11:35 #73818 by cypres
Stupid UI? was created by cypres
Hi, i have question.
I was playing SW:EaW+SG mod from release - its more then 8 years? Yesterday i download+install Pegasus Chronicle, but UI in this version is so stupid-dumb? They have slow progress, only randomly using asteroids for resources..its normal? They have 1-2 asteroids and i remember (in old version) was UI nonstop attaking my mines and now? Now UI ignoring this attacks and if they destroy it (if !), they dont use it..any advice here?
Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 11:35 by cypres.
The topic has been locked.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
13 Jul 2015 12:38 #73819 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Stupid UI?
If by "UI" you mean "AI" (Artificial Intelligence), try this:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ English) wrote: 5.8. The AI doesn't work!
First, make sure that FoC is patched to the latest version (see FAQ section 6.2.1).
If that's already the case there is most likely another mod conflicting with ours.
If you have installed AotR 2.5 go to "Foc\Data\Xml\Ai" and rename the folder "PERCEPTUALEQUATIONS".
In some cases it may also help if you rename or delete the folder "GoalFunctions" in "...Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Mods\Stargate\Data\Xml\AI".
Other than that you can try to rename the complete AI folder.
If nothing of the suggested helped, uninstall FOC, manually delete the FoC folder and a reinstall in order to solve this problem.

If the AI is working but seems to act very weak try different maps. There can be huge differences in terms of difficulty depending on the map. For example, the AI seems to be pretty weak on maps like "The Loop of Kon Garat" but it should give you a pretty hard time on maps like "The Remnants of Doranda".

But yeah, sometimes the AI doesn't seem to be too clever.
Occasionally they don't even build the resource mine directly next to their base - we still haven't figured out why...
It is partly map-specific (because on Doranda and Atlantis it's usually much harder to win than on other maps) but the exact reasons only seem known to the engine itself.
  • cypres
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 Jul 2015 13:07 #73820 by cypres
Replied by cypres on topic Stupid UI?
Yes, i mean AI :)
btw. i was testing (after installation) only 2 maps, and AI was playing, but was so dumb and ultra easy to defeat -(space maps) :O ...ok, i will try another maps. My another question is: why support fighters which are with ships arent following ship? For example, i will summon hatak which has fighters and then i will move this hatak on another location on map, fighters will stay on same place, dont following space ships :what:
More
13 Jul 2015 16:20 #73823 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Stupid UI?
Yes the AI of this game is dump, this actually is true for almost all games ^^, and especially this one.

Because of the fighters I guess there is a value in the xml of these fighters that isnt correct to order them to follow, or maybe its a bug no Idea. You arnt the first one who reported about this issue.
  • cypres
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 Jul 2015 10:56 - 14 Jul 2015 10:57 #73832 by cypres
Replied by cypres on topic Stupid UI?
I make reinstall game yesterday and it look like problem with fighters is gone, then i was trying play another maps, but AI is so stupid and using only 1-2 asteroids, this why he has so slow progress (i was trying all races). I am on lvl 5 space station +30k resources and AI has only lvl 3 space station with low ships...so slow and dumb (game 1v1 is 5-7 mins long-on hard)

I think, i will back install SG for Empire at War, where is more funny + space conquests
Last edit: 14 Jul 2015 10:57 by cypres.
More
14 Jul 2015 19:48 #73846 by Imperial
Replied by Imperial on topic Stupid UI?
<inoficial mode>
Well, one thing you can do to improve the AI is download the Awakening of the Rebellion 2.6 Mod and drop the ./Data/Xml/AI directory into the XML directory of Stargate. This would improve the AI and make it more agressive.
</inoficial mode>

By the way the game in general is quite .. repetitive and as soon you learned how to beat it, there isnt much chellage left.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds