× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

Custom Map Selection

• Col. Reynolds
  • Col. Reynolds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
25 Oct 2013 19:03 #61581 by Col. Reynolds
Custom Map Selection was created by Col. Reynolds
Hi!
Whenever I choose a map to play on, there are doubles of the maps in the Custom map screen.

While this is not a serious issue, it has been bugging me for a while. I first noticed it after installing the last patch. Is there anyway to fix this?

Not much faith in Plan A?
The topic has been locked.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
25 Oct 2013 19:29 #61583 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Custom Map Selection
Most likely something went wrong with one of your installations which resulted in the mod being installed over the vanilla game files.

When you run the vanilla FoC without any modification...does it look the way it should?
If you have Stargate units even without running the Stargate mod the only way to fix this is to delete the games original data folder and then to repair/reinstall the game.
If the vanilla game runs just fine go to ...\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Data\CustomMaps and delete all Stargate maps you'll find there eventually.
  • Col. Reynolds
  • Col. Reynolds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
25 Oct 2013 20:53 #61585 by Col. Reynolds
Replied by Col. Reynolds on topic Custom Map Selection
When I run vanilla FoC the Stargate Mod starts instead. So, I should delete FoC's data folder and then repair/reinstall it? Will that fix the double map problem in the start mod?

Not much faith in Plan A?
  • AC-Suchti
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Coder
More
25 Oct 2013 21:06 #61586 by AC-Suchti
Replied by AC-Suchti on topic Custom Map Selection
It will as long as the new installation runs fine ;)
You should really deinstall FoC, delete the remaining files manually and then reinstall FoC and TPC.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
25 Oct 2013 21:07 - 25 Oct 2013 21:12 #61587 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Custom Map Selection
Correct.

Edit: Dang, ninja'd;)
@Suchti: Manually deleting the games' data folder and the tell the game disc to repair it works as well.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2013 21:12 by Locutus.
  • The Art of War
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • [SGMG] Coder, Grammar Nazi
More
25 Oct 2013 21:58 #61589 by The Art of War
Replied by The Art of War on topic Custom Map Selection

Locutus wrote: Correct.

Edit: Dang, ninja'd;)
@Suchti: Manually deleting the games' data folder and the tell the game disc to repair it works as well.

Sadly I cannot advise this as I once did that and ended up with having to manually delete all registry keys etc because the game disc did think the game was installed but it could not find the startup file..

Bene 00:22 replicators, little shiny cute bug robots

3 bottle eof wine etc.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds