× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

Not working with Steam version

• BlackFire
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
08 Apr 2013 00:53 #57554 by BlackFire
Not working with Steam version was created by BlackFire
I am attempting to play the TPC mod on the Steam version, which is the Gold Edition of EaW. The Mod to my knowledge installed correctly, but whenever I click on "Start" in the Mod Launcher it simply opens Steam. I have no idea how to access the Mod from there. Any ideas?
The topic has been locked.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
More
08 Apr 2013 00:59 #57555 by Locutus
Replied by Locutus on topic Not working with Steam version
We are working on a launcher update to fix this.
For now, go in your game library in Steam and right-click on Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption. Select Properties and add "swfoc MODPATH=Mods\Stargate" (without quotes) in the launch options. Now the mod should start instead of the normal game if you double click on Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption.
  • BlackFire
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
08 Apr 2013 01:13 #57556 by BlackFire
Replied by BlackFire on topic Not working with Steam version
It is working now! :D
More
26 Jun 2013 10:05 #58826 by nnep22
Replied by nnep22 on topic Not working with Steam version
I am having the same problem i have done that yet nothing happens it just keeps starting the expansion. older versions of this mod have worked with no problem. I have sweaw gold on steam i go to properties and set launch options swfoc MODPATH=Mods\Stargate i start the game and nothing happens just starts foc. i have tried both installations of the mod.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Jun 2013 12:26 #58830 by Locutus
Then your installation path must be wrong.
Make sure you have the correct directory: ...\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Mods\Stargate\Data
More
26 Jun 2013 13:00 #58831 by nnep22
Replied by nnep22 on topic Not working with Steam version
when i click into what u told me the only thing in my stargate mod file is patches....

Edit 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\mods\Stargate only has patches in it...

Edit 2: i downloaded from moddb which sent me to file planet and i downloaded the file which it said it was 650ish mb on both manuel install and automatic for some reason it only downloaded patches the 6 times i did it. so i clicked the options in the launcher and clicked reset and it downloaded the right stuff problem fixed

Admin-Edit (Locutus): Please avoid unnecessary double-posts. You can edit your posts instead.
More
07 Aug 2013 06:31 #59766 by Jodahu
Replied by Jodahu on topic Not working with Steam version
I downloaded it to swfoc path and got it running but no ships and maps showed up? I looked in my steam and it has empire at war but not foc, I have a swfoc.exe under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption pathway.
  • Locutus
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Aug 2013 17:13 #59767 by Locutus
Do you want to use the old Stargate: Empire at War for Empire at War or do you want to play The Pegasus Chronicles for Forces of Corruption?

a) If you want to play the old Stargate: Empire at War for Empire at War:
Make sure the mod is installed here: ...\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Mods\Stargate\Data.
You can run the mod by right-clicking on the Star Wars Empire at War game in your game library in Steam. Select Properties and add "sweaw MODPATH=Mods\Stargate" (without quotes) in the launch options.

b) If you want to play The Pegasus Chronicles for Forces of Corruption:
Run the launcher which will install the mod automatically to the correct folder.
You can run the mod by right-clicking on the Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption game in your game library in Steam. Select Properties and add "swfoc MODPATH=Mods\Stargate" (without quotes) in the launch options.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds