• McKay
  • McKay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Allrounder
More
09 Jun 2011 20:21 #39494 by McKay
Hello dear Community,
from now on we want to start project which will give you the opportunity to get more involved into the development of "Pegasus Chronicles". You can show how creative you are, you will be given the chance to decide certain things or you will simply get a deeper look into the development.
Let´s start with ingame specialeffects and a little task for you (if you like):

The ships of the Aschen still do not have their own projectiles. Since the series never showed us any battles with Aschen ships (and since we invented most ;) ) this is the perfect opportunity for you to show us how creative you are.
Send us your ideas until June 17th, 2011.
Write them here in this topic (only 2 projectile-ideas per person please).
If you like you can add pictures or paintings or similar things to illustrate your idea.

After that we will start a voting for the 10 best ideas which will then be created and shown. The final voting will then choose the best ones which will be implemented into Pegasus Chronicles.

We hope you will appreciate this and are looking forward to your ideas.
The topic has been locked.
12 Jun 2011 20:17 #39580 by MSG-Bot
Replied by MSG-Bot on topic Effects - Projectiles for the Aschen
Damnit if the damned site would be in english I would get online and be active....... But yeh I dont understand a squat of anything, so yeh..

Well enough bad thoughts for now!

I would really like some "new" ideas, like this t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8_WGo...wXFu5naC5pH_SMnNsWkb

Small, slim purple beams, yeh, a bit like the point laser defence the Crusader-Class has, but yeh, purple, and much "longer lasting" :p.

Other idea is either small versions of the cool green ancient satellite (the idea sucks lol), or red lasers like this
t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjP8ya...i9X7bsvUtMKX0y69l9cA
with small, white energy bursts like the ones you've got for the Aschen already, but white ;)

I know this is just ideas on their most basic level, but yeh :p

P.S: It's The Art of War from moddb, I couldnt understand anything of the registration, so I just typed randomly <.<

Yeh I'm no good in 3ds Max but I guess I could try to make a 3d model of some small, pointy white energy bursts and either, green, purple or red small, slim beamz.

EDIT: Couldnt the Battleship fire red or white "energy blobs" in rapid succession, the cruiser slim purple beams with the small cannons and white or red bursts with the larger one? Corvette could fire either slim purple beams or slim red beams.

Just ideas ^^
  • McKay
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Allrounder
More
12 Jun 2011 20:51 #39584 by McKay
Replied by McKay on topic Effects - Projectiles for the Aschen
Thx for the feedback, we will try to solve those issues. Maybe it would have helped if you had changed the language on the top right corner. However, this does not affect the topic titles, but we try to give german AND english descriptions for subforums.
12 Jun 2011 22:34 #39589 by MSG-Bot
You know what? I fail, miserably.... I'm sorry, I'm tired XD Still, no excuse.. :/
More
13 Jun 2011 08:53 #39598 by xeno1211
Replied by xeno1211 on topic Effects - Projectiles for the Aschen
Idea 1:
Model the projectile after the Aschen biogenic weapon.
images.wikia.com/stargate/images/f/f5/Aschen_bioweapon.jpg

Idea 2:
Maybe similar to a quantum torpedo in Star Trek.
memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:USS_Defiant_f...uantum_torpedoes.jpg
More
13 Jun 2011 10:35 #39600 by JackMJOneill
More
13 Jun 2011 16:07 #39615 by jkl6347
Replied by jkl6347 on topic Effects - Projectiles for the Aschen
I love Lmao's idea, but I would like to suggest make these projectiles file like shotgun shots. It can be done if ship have bad accuracy and small time between shots.
More
13 Jun 2011 16:24 #39619 by veny
Replied by veny on topic Effects - Projectiles for the Aschen
Hello,my idea:
Aschen Biological missiles:
Aschen missiles ( www.thalesgroup.com/Resizer.ashx?i=/uplo.../LMM-no-bg.jpg&w=230 ) were created for fight against medium armored ships.Missile can cause big damage to shields, but the main power is,that missile has Special ashens bio-weapons ( i.treehugger.com/images/2007/5/24/e.%20coli.jpg ) - this agressive bio-mass is able to make a massive damage to hull and drain shields of every known ships.

Aschen plasma weapons:
As you know,aschens were able to create their own star.They used similar technology for their weapons.Plasma cannon creates a plasma ball,that is able to destroy even the most powerfull ships. ( media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7472/795206-plasma2_super.jpg ).It is very powerfull projectile,but weapon charging is very slow and after fire,weapon have to cooldown.Thanks its big energy requirements,this weapon can be used only on big ships

Aschen lasers:
Despite of the fact,that Aschen laser technology is not so advance as asgards,Aschens implemented some laser-based weapons to their ships.Aschen laser ( media1.fxhome.com/preset-images/635/thumb_preview.png.jpg ) is quite weak weapon,used only for fight against small ships and fighters.This weapon shoot in big burst and has small energy capability so it can be used in fighters and corvetes.
Heavier version of this weapon is used in battlecruisers.

I hope you´ll like it.Sorry for my bad english and my mistakes.
14 Jun 2011 13:45 #39656 by MSG-Bot

jkl6347 wrote: I love Lmao's idea, but I would like to suggest make these projectiles file like shotgun shots. It can be done if ship have bad accuracy and small time between shots.

For the lasers, yes! I like the way the projectile spread was on the current Aschen fleet pictures, I mean, the several projectiles spread you called "shotgun" :p, lots of small particles doing heavy damage and the beams do light damage but being shot all the time (almost 24/7, like the Goa'uld Battlecruiser's ability but as a normal attack and of course with different effects as I said), either have them like that our change them to white lasers and some purple point beams :D
  • McKay
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Allrounder
More
18 Jun 2011 20:56 #39792 by McKay
Replied by McKay on topic Effects - Projectiles for the Aschen
Thanks for your participation. You had some really good ideas. Next, we will start a voting, where you can choose the 10 best ideas.
It is possible that we will not add all the ideas to the voting, if we think they are not clear enough or dont really fit.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds