[FAQ] Beta Test 2016

Mehr
04 Aug 2016 09:46 #82125 von AusNaminator
Still unable to download it.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
04 Aug 2016 11:03 #82130 von Klon
Klon antwortete auf [FAQ] Beta Test 2016
Mail send in regards of a joint session

Wer daran denkt aufzugeben hat es in Wirklichkeit schon längst getan!
"Wisst ihr eigentlich das hier gerade die größten Modding Götter in einem Taxi sind!?!" -Bene

Mehr
05 Aug 2016 22:59 #82188 von EsteLica
Sorry for the late replay but I was unable to connect to this forum. After I updated to the last version it wont crash anymore. But always on the planet that I was supposed to defend in the begining it crashes right after wraith fleet attacked. And another problem. I watched all stargate movies and series and played the other mod and I need to tell you that Atlantis ship class is verry underpowered. The shield is verry weak. It cannot stand to one wraith hive and one cruiser. I know that ancients had less ships than wraith but their ships were a lot better than the hive ships. As I recall from the series, the ancient warships were powered by ZPMs and could resist to multiple hives. Atlantis for example is powered by 3 ZPMs and it withstand to the ZPM powered Hive in the Atlantis finale. In the mod Delphi is the same class as Atlantis but it could not withstand a hive? As I recall from the series Atlantis can resist to 3 hive ships for weeks with only 1 ZPM. I know that I am here only to make videos of this mod but please take into consideration all these facts.

P.S: I am a big fan of stargate but also a big fan of this mod and team. I appreciate the effort that you put to create this mod. One more thing I need to ask: will there be multiple campaigns or just this one?

Mehr
05 Aug 2016 23:17 #82189 von Klon
Klon antwortete auf [FAQ] Beta Test 2016

EsteLica schrieb: I know that I am here only to make videos of this mod but please take into consideration all these facts.

Thanks a lot for your imput! We always try to stay as close to the series as possible however due to balancing reasons we can't do a 1:1 copy. Therefore the strength of some vessles might feel a bit off.
Also we need to keep in mind that this should be fun to play so it was not feasible to reduce the amount of ships for the ancient and make them a lot stronger to match with the series as the players could get bored by only controlling e.g. 3 ships.
The buttom line here is that in a video game everything effects everything so we need to try to keep the balance between things. ;)
I hope this helps. :)

EsteLica schrieb: P.S: I am a big fan of stargate but also a big fan of this mod and team. I appreciate the effort that you put to create this mod.

Thanks a lot! We're happy to have people like you around who like to play our game!

EsteLica schrieb: One more thing I need to ask: will there be multiple campaigns or just this one?

Over time we want to release more (also some including a ground part once the work on thati s done) but with the next patch only pegasus prelude will be released.

Wer daran denkt aufzugeben hat es in Wirklichkeit schon längst getan!
"Wisst ihr eigentlich das hier gerade die größten Modding Götter in einem Taxi sind!?!" -Bene

Mehr
06 Aug 2016 01:21 #82190 von Imperial
Thank you for your feedback EsteLica, we are all huge Stargate Fans.

I am responsible for coding of the Cityships and already made them stronger then I actually was supposed to. It can of course destroy a single hive, please don't expect to send it allone into a fight and to win that without any support from the rest of the fleet. In EAW the combined firepower of many smaller ships has great impact and might destroy/unshield even Cityships very fast. (In company of more allies the battle outcome is really different)

Realistic Behavoir to the Series means you would need a huge fleet on Wraith side in order to take Atlantis Class Cityships down.
But the game engine of EAW is quite old and very buggy, it already runs on the border of its maximum capacities, and Wraith Hives drain lot of computer performance.

Which means they would be indefeatable in company of Ancient warships.
You wouldnt have any fun as Wraith player to loose, because noone likes to always fail.

Further, much stronger shields are very hard to take down, there is a critical value. If I make it stronger then that the shields refresh faster then enemy ships can harm them, which ultimately means the Cityships are indefeatable.
It also is boring to always win any fight as Ancient player, thats because the human Brain only increases the amount of neuronal transmitters if the peopole are in the state of "flow", where you have enough challenge to deal with the situation but it either isn't meant to be too easy.

So we had good reasons to make the Cityships like this.
But the Cityship is a really important unit for all fans; We received more wishes/complains from all Betatestere about the Cityship then for any other Unit in the mod, Atlantis is indeed a essential asset.
Many Testers want the Cityships to be stronger while others say they're overpowered. Some say the Ship is too agile for a City, other appreciate the current behavoir. There were also complains about shield behavoir, size scalling and weapon range.

My point is you cant have all of these attributes at the same time because they exclude eachother and it is impossible to make everyone happy. (This is probably how George Lucas must have been feeling for decades ^^ ).

But I experienced in my walktrough at medium difficulcy that if you always send your mainfleet ahead of the Cityships and fire their weapons from the background it indeed is a valuable unit and it does work very well. Especially the faster Frigates and Corvettes are well suited for the task to capture enemy fire and shield the Cities, and once their shields are down you send them behind your lines to replenish.
So good strathegic practises make sure the cityship is able to survive.

Anyways, all positive and negative feed back is highly welcome here, feel free to say if you have more feedback and test results beside of your videos ^^

Mehr
06 Aug 2016 14:28 #82196 von Jack Hunter
I concur to Imperial, we can't make every people happy, everyone has another opinion with the cityships, but I think we have the right balancing now. As Klon already said it is a video game and not a 1:1 copy of the serie. I'm glad it isn't one otherwise the mod would be boring and it would be boring too if the cityship is so strong that you need a huge Wraith fleet just to defeat one of them.

I tested the Delphi before it got strengthened and attacked only with this single cityship Gonta. I won against a level 3 station, a Hive ship, 2 battlecruisers and some satellites. If you use tactics and the abilities correct, move arround or seperate some ships from the fleet to shoot them down one by one there is no problem. Ok I played on easy difficult, with medium or hard the Wraith units are stronger (solved by extra scripts), but it is possible. :D

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

Ladezeit der Seite: 1.991 Sekunden