Starwars EAW Anti Bugs Thread

Mehr
04 Jan 2019 06:17 - 04 Jan 2019 06:49 #89564 von Imperial
When I created a new mod directory a few years ago I tried to remove as many of the original Starwars .xmls from the GameObjectFiles.xml as possible.

Also I removed HardPoints.xml, CIN_HardPoints.xml and HardPoints_Underworld.xml
from HardPointDataFiles.xml

Did all of that because I thought

if the game has less Xmls to load that will definitely speed up my mod..

--> WRONG!
In EAW it will just cause the game to have thousands of additional error masseges (they are invisible and not displayed to the player in any way).

With these files removed my mod needed 210 seconds to load into a new GC,
after adding them back it changed back to something like 120 seconds, which is almost the original speed of the game.

So if you think your mod became slow, try to re add these files.

Now if we do a total conversion mod I guess the best way to get rid of vanilla units is either raplacing them by own units using their ingame name or setting the <build_tab_space_units> and <build_tab_ground_units> to "no" or <TechLevel> to 99, in a copy of the original files that is included in the mod.
Letzte Änderung: 04 Jan 2019 06:49 von Imperial.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Locutus
  • Locutuss Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
Mehr
04 Jan 2019 11:36 #89566 von Locutus
I have successfully removed all the vanilla hardpoint files from TPC - you just have to delete all the references to them (in the unit code).

Deleting units is more difficult as it will break the AI scripts if you aren't careful. You'd need to keep stub placeholders (an xml entry with basically no code in it) or dig trough all the scripts and update them accordingly. For TPC I went with the former.

Btw, setting <build_tab_ground_units> to no will not disable the unit for the AI.

Mehr
04 Jan 2019 20:38 - 04 Jan 2019 20:40 #89571 von Imperial
I know it's difficult, I guess the easiest method would indeed be the placeholders in a xml with almost no code.
As a hunting for all references is the total time consuming overkill. :O

Btw, setting <build_tab_ground_units> to no will not disable the unit for the AI.

Interesting thank you. Do you know if <Tech_Level> 99 would work?
Letzte Änderung: 04 Jan 2019 20:40 von Imperial.

Mehr
20 Mär 2019 02:42 - 20 Mär 2019 02:44 #89673 von Imperial
There are some tags that don't really work together with the <Variant_Of_Existing_Type> tag:

- Variants can't use own Death Clone tags, as they always inherit the entry of their parent!
- NEVER make a Hardpoint a variant of any other Hardpoint unless you certainly know they will never be used in the same unit, otherwise they use the inherited <Attachment_Bone> or <Collision_Mesh> tag and thus the green Hardpoint reticles spawn all at the same hardpoint position despite of different entries in the variant. This might also have even more negative effects on other tags in Hardpoints.
- (Unconfirmed Theory) Factions that are variants of other factions might inherit the Dashboard of their parent and thus ignore all their own dashboard entries.

- If a Starbase is a Variant of the WRONG Starbase, it will crash the game on startup.
Letzte Änderung: 20 Mär 2019 02:44 von Imperial.

Ladezeit der Seite: 1.208 Sekunden