Ground Battle Loading bug

Mehr
26 Mai 2013 05:20 - 26 Mai 2013 05:21 #58310 von lordbok
Ground Battle Loading bug wurde erstellt von lordbok
Hey all, first post here. I just downloaded your mod for the EAW (not FOC) and I really really love it being a huge Stargate fan. However whenever I try to engage in a ground battle it just gets stuck loading the whole time.

I have tried it on all the planets next to earth as well as Sodan.

I am using the Will of the Ori GC. So far all of the space battles work fine its just that I cannot land on any planets.

are there any patches I should get or anything, I am using the stargateeawenglish1.1.zip I got from filefront

On another note, When I start GC am I able to lower the MIN TECH to 1? or does that cause issues?

I also Have the "Pegasus Chronicles" mod for FOC but I will wait until GC is finished to play it. also is this mod still active as the last forum post I could find was from January?
Letzte Änderung: 26 Mai 2013 05:21 von lordbok.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
26 Mai 2013 13:07 #58311 von The Art of War

lordbok schrieb: Hey all, first post here. I just downloaded your mod for the EAW (not FOC) and I really really love it being a huge Stargate fan. However whenever I try to engage in a ground battle it just gets stuck loading the whole time.

I have tried it on all the planets next to earth as well as Sodan.

I am using the Will of the Ori GC. So far all of the space battles work fine its just that I cannot land on any planets.

are there any patches I should get or anything, I am using the stargateeawenglish1.1.zip I got from filefront

On another note, When I start GC am I able to lower the MIN TECH to 1? or does that cause issues?

I also Have the "Pegasus Chronicles" mod for FOC but I will wait until GC is finished to play it. also is this mod still active as the last forum post I could find was from January?

Hello,

Glad you like SG: EaW!

Although the issues you are experiencing should not be related to 1.1 itself, the best thing to do is to download the newest version here www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-wa...-13-complete-version

Also get the latest hotfix from here www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-wa...eaw-patch-131-hotfix

Lowering the tech level should not be a problem.

Stargate - Empire at War is not actively maintained by the Stargate Modding Group as we are now focusing on Stargate - Empire at War: Pegasus Chronicles. There has been a number of community developed patches, but please note that the modding group does not put together patches themselves for 1.3 anymore.

Bene 00:22 replicators, little shiny cute bug robots

3 bottle eof wine etc.

Mehr
26 Mai 2013 20:49 #58316 von lordbok
Alright I will have a go at downloading that one and the patch. its good to hear you guys are still working on TPC as I CANNOT wait for a GC for it (any ETA on one?), even if it would be possible to port the other GC maps over from EAW that would still be fantastic.

Mehr
27 Mai 2013 05:30 #58320 von lordbok
Hmm well I updated to the files you linked above, Then I had a go at playing GC "Will of the Ori" however when my first ground combat mission happened on Juna the loading bar got to roughly 85% and then its just a infinite load screen. I left it for 10min and it didn't move. Is there something wrong with the ground combat maps or something? or should I over write my main EAW files (I do not play EAW anyway) so maybe I will not have to run it as a mod. If you have any ideas please share as I really want to be able play GC.

Mehr
27 Mai 2013 14:35 #58322 von lordbok
By the way, I seem to ALWAYS have this bug with playing as humans, not the systemlords, when I had a quick go at playing the systemlords I managed to play a ground battle. So I am unsure ifs its only the planets around earth having issue or the entire human race.

Mehr
27 Mai 2013 14:37 #58323 von Jack Hunter
Sounds wired. I would say there must be something wrong, because this bug were reported from other peoples and because it is so something could be wrong with the installation. What OS have you and have you it installed in ...\LucasArts\Star Wars - Empire At War\GameData\Mods? There must be a GameData folder and in it a Mods folder.

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

• Locutus
  • Locutuss Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
Mehr
27 Mai 2013 15:11 #58324 von Locutus
I cannot remember any Tau'ri-related bug regarding ground battles.
Did you delete your old version before installing again? Maybe there were some corrupted files left.
If you did so - have you tried restarting the GC (aká not using a savegame)?

lordbok schrieb: as I CANNOT wait for a GC for it (any ETA on one?), even if it would be possible to port the other GC maps over from EAW that would still be fantastic.

We can't give an release date - not even a rough approximation. Even we ourselves don't now when we will be done and how we want to release. There are no plans on using ports of any GCs as the old ones where pretty buggy and given the fact that so many stuff has changed in TPC we decided to do everything new from scratch.
(That's what you meant right? If you were talking about actual planet maps within a GC -> if you wish to see a certain map (or special features/designs of them) let me know and I'll see what I can do:))

Mehr
28 Mai 2013 05:04 #58349 von lordbok
Ohk then, to answer some of the questions, Yes it was a clean installation of the mod (I backed up the EAW folder), Yes it is in the gamedata/mods, my path for the game is

5.66GB C:Star Wars Empire at War/GameData/Mods/Stargate/DATA/Rest of the folders

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium

Yes I am running it as a New GC game (no savegame)

Its a real shame because the mod is sooo much fun to do space battles with.

Also with TPC can you make sure you guys put in the Will Of the Ori Campaign again, That was my favorate seasons in the show, and it was very fun trying to kill the Ori ships.

Features wise, you could have a look at some of the major mods out there, like with "Republic at war", adding new building platforms to maps and ambient life (civilians, monsters etc)

well I cant wait for the next mod, sounds extremely good, its a shame I cant figure out what wrong with my Tau'ri ground bug.

Ladezeit der Seite: 1.862 Sekunden