[Spoiler] Stargate Universe [Spoiler]

Mehr
13 Mär 2010 10:32 #20800 von The Reaper
Rush and Eli is the smartheads :D
Think it's a shame Rush is left behind... Thus he's maybe little to much traitorious to get the commanding over Destiny ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=z6HvUGXjNnc&feature=channel

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
13 Mär 2010 11:20 #20808 von Kampfkeks
i'm eager to see how he gets back to the destiny^^

rush is almost the only reason why i'm watching SGU^^ i just love this character, it's the deepest and most mysterious character Stargate ever had... a great thanks to carlyle for playing him so perfectly^^

Ich hab einen sitzen und hab einen stehn
und ich bin nichtmal Schizophren
WUUUSAAAA

Mehr
13 Mär 2010 11:25 #20809 von The Reaper
He's my Favourite character aswell- but Eli is also good ;)

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Mehr
13 Mär 2010 21:22 #20839 von Zero
Robert Carlyle is a great actor; his character is a coward. Evidence: he finds Spencer shot in the head and what he does is take the gun and frame Young for murder just so he can put someone else in the Ancient chair instead of sitting in it himself. Unfortunately his character is a necessary evil so Young and Scott can be the good guys and Eli be smart without letting it go to his head.

Mehr
13 Mär 2010 22:56 #20842 von The Reaper
Remember Carlyle from Rise of Evil :D

Mehr
14 Mär 2010 11:02 #20849 von Kampfkeks

Zero schrieb: Robert Carlyle is a great actor; his character is a coward. Evidence: he finds Spencer shot in the head and what he does is take the gun and frame Young for murder just so he can put someone else in the Ancient chair instead of sitting in it himself. Unfortunately his character is a necessary evil so Young and Scott can be the good guys and Eli be smart without letting it go to his head.

so if i'm the only one able to decrypt an ancient data which is needed to activate systems of grave importance for surviving and therefore let another dumbass die to finally get this data so i actually can decrypt it, then i'm a coward?! O.o
just get out of your teletubby world full of brave little heroes, Rush is the perfekt example for how a real person would act in such situations, he pursues his own good and by that achieves the good for most of the expedition while your so called "good guys" just put everyone at risk...

WUUUSAAAA

Mehr
14 Mär 2010 11:31 #20852 von The Reaper

Kampfkeks schrieb: Rush is the perfekt example for how a real person would act in such situations, he pursues his own good and by that achieves the good for most of the expedition while your so called "good guys" just put everyone at risk...

He's not a coward, he just believes he's worth more for the survival of the expedition ;)

Mehr
15 Mär 2010 06:19 #20895 von Zero

Kampfkeks schrieb: so if i'm the only one able to decrypt an ancient data which is needed to activate systems of grave importance for surviving and therefore let another dumbass die to finally get this data so i actually can decrypt it, then i'm a coward?! O.o
just get out of your teletubby world full of brave little heroes, Rush is the perfekt example for how a real person would act in such situations, he pursues his own good and by that achieves the good for most of the expedition while your so called "good guys" just put everyone at risk...

I agree that Rush is invaluable and I even said before that he’s necessary. Rush is still a coward. The entire argument of the chair was that if he didn’t believe in the slightest chance that sitting in it could be safe then why should anyone else? Young didn’t stop him from sitting in it. I think it is safe to say that Rush couldn’t have factually known the true benefits if someone sat in the chair; he just wanted to throw bodies on the problem and see what would happened. Putting others in knowing risk is an act of a coward. Rush is after power, not good. He proves that when he falsified data about the Icarus type planet just to get people into his camp. To be fair, Rush could be right about everything he has said, however, let’s not forget that Franklin is catatonic! The point I’ve made was about Rush, not that the show should be a “teletubby world full of brave little heroes”. Speaking of which, why are you claiming to talk about the real world when you are idolizing the bad guy?
A real person would have shot Rush, like Greer was about to do on the first day…

The Reaper schrieb: He's not a coward, he just believes he's worth more for the survival of the expedition

You’re right that Rush believes he’s the best chance the Expedition has. To me that's just a step away from believing that they’re all doomed anyway and therefore sacrifices all of them so he would survive.

Mehr
15 Mär 2010 15:52 #20925 von Kampfkeks
now i worte a text of about 100 words and the board just kicked me and it vanished instead of being stated -.-

well let's see how much i can remember...

rush, a coward, cause he didn't want to commence suicide... oh exatly i had a fitting comparison: You're stranded on an island full of cannibals. One of your fellow unfortunates is the only one able to understand the cannibal's language... to save the majority of the stranded people he has to give the cannibals one of your buddies (but unfortunately you don't now, that by this he saves the rest of you. or at least let's say he just claims that this is the case. your lack of communicational abilities is really a pity...)
why would it be recommended to kill this person? or just let me paraphrase the question. how would you survive after killing the only one able to talk to the cannibals?

and yes of course he told Young that the person on the chair mustn't necessarily die. rush is the only one to think logically and he's the only one who is able to think that far ahead... he knows that the chances to survive are rather slim but he also knows, that if he tells Young the truth his experiment won't be approved.
and he's not throwing bodies at the problem, his argumentation was pretty logical: most of ancient machinery can be controlled by their chairs, so the possibility to get full access to the ship's systems is rather big.
putting others at risk being aware of it is not an act of cowardice, c'est la vie!

and how come you didn't consider that falsifying the data of the icarustype planet was just a try to encourage the crew? why can't you even consider rush as a moral raiser if you are so omniscient to state his cowardice as a fact?!

i'm not idolizing anyone and i'm well aware, that rush is the gaius baltar of SGU but no one can even imagine what his reasons of acting are so i would really appreciate it if you stopped stating his cowardice as a fact cause his actions can always be seen from 2 opposite views and none of them can really be proved...

and just to mention it: if greer would have listened to eli and shot rush they would already be dead because eli was so smart that he recognized the system to activate the air conditioning as a selfdestruct... or at least as something that could blow everyone up, can't really remember....

WUUUSAAAA

Mehr
15 Mär 2010 17:10 #20943 von The Reaper
I couldn't have said it better myself :D

Ladezeit der Seite: 3.420 Sekunden