Space buildings

Mehr
12 Nov 2009 00:21 #13376 von blackstar
Space buildings wurde erstellt von blackstar
Hi all,

Have been playing EAW for a bit and it occurred to me that it would be cool to have any space buildings, in particular the shipyards, actually in play for space battles. I was noticing that things like mining stations are there during battles (as are the turrets obviously), but are cheap and no one really cares if they get blown up. but the space based shipyards normally cost a bundle and take ages to rebuild, so you'd have to venture forth from the comfort of the station and defend them.

whatdya think? id be happy to look into coding this, but i figured someone on the team may have had this idea already.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
12 Nov 2009 09:30 #13377 von HuGuSSi
HuGuSSi antwortete auf Space buildings
Do you mean Skirmish or Galactic Conquest? In Skirmish is the KI the problem.

• Locutus
  • Locutuss Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
Mehr
12 Nov 2009 18:21 #13388 von Locutus

Mehr
12 Nov 2009 18:52 #13391 von coolerjungel
coolerjungel antwortete auf Space buildings
*AI=Artificial Intelligence :lol:

Grüße, coolerjungel
BESUCHT DIESEN IRC-CHANNEL: Forum-Eintrag
Å

Mehr
12 Nov 2009 23:36 #13398 von blackstar
blackstar antwortete auf Space buildings
No I was meaning in GC. never really play skirmishes myself. I think AI shouldnt really matter as an issue, assuming the entry point of offensive ships in the system puts the starbase not directly in front of the shipyard. that way the AI doesnt need to specifically target the shipyard, but would simply see it as an enemy emplacement and blow it up accordingly. of course, if the yard is behind the starbase and the base gets blown up, im assuming any AI would happily move on to the yard, and happily smash it to smithereens regardless.

anyone know if things like that can be specifically placed on a map, or you can decide the entry point for attacking ships?

Mehr
13 Nov 2009 08:45 #13399 von MerlinGalgotta
Yes, you have to set markers for each space building on all maps.
Means, we can decide where objects will be in space.
Contrary to the Final 1.1, we have more space buildings and each space map will have a logical placement of the markers, so it is not going to happen anymore, that a built satellite defense is spread over the whole map and far away from the space station.

Of course hit & run tactics are still possible, for example when you just want to destroy an asteroid mine or something like that.

Ship yards will be generally on the ground, as this is the case in the series and fits better to our mod.

Ladezeit der Seite: 2.013 Sekunden