Pegasus Chronicles Misc Suggestions/Questions

Mehr
20 Mai 2010 19:34 #24380 von MerlinGalgotta
1. No, in the GC maps you will only be able to acquire some of their units, but not to BUILD them. That's because of certain story issues and balancing.
2. static, as all the other non-playable races too. 3 active factions are enough
3. no, as it is only a clone of the Odyssey
4. Asgard technician will not be part of the next mod anymore, but yes, they have also "devices" that enhance ship systems
5. "more powerful" is a bit vague, but it will be powerful^^
6. Destiny will not be part of the mod. Adding only a ship is totally boring and useless
7. we are still working on the drones, atm they go straight in a line (it's quite hard to make it another way)

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Mai 2010 11:00 #24415 von dodo
thanks for aswering

Mehr
26 Mai 2010 10:34 #24677 von dodo
I have some suggestions that could be interesting for you.

1. Make the possibility that puddle jumpers and the odyssey could become invisible as well as those aphophis’ hataks.
2. The space base could have the ability to repair near ships
3. make the beliskner and the o’neill asgard ships the same size
4. the possibility of building some ancient ships in Pegasus for the tauri and ori capital ships for the goauld
5. make possible to send malps as a recon object to other planets like those robots for the imperial troops in swea
6. the odyssey could have four plasma weapons
7. have huge fleet battles

Mehr
26 Mai 2010 20:47 #24711 von MerlinGalgotta
1. yes, they get this ability in Pegasus Chronicles
2. no, makes no sense in our balancing concept
3. not the same, but almost the same
4. see answer of question 1 above
5. no, the UAVs will be for this purpose
6. it will only have one hardpoint with 2 firepoints
7. "huge" is a very inaccurate and subjective word. They are big enough in our oppinion

Mehr
12 Jan 2011 21:44 #35811 von General_ONeill

MerlinGalgotta schrieb: yes, this year...

Okay, it's 2011. So... wer is da mod?! XD Just joking. You're doing hell of a great job on this mod. Take as long as you need. ;)
Oh and nice work on the new 304. I finally got what I wanted! It looks really cool. Now to my other evil agenda :evil: : A new Tauri ship. Yes, I know that you won't add fan-fic ships and other people's models and I know the Tauri-Asgard have all the ships they need. BUT, the asgard Daniel Jackson-class is a science vessel and not meant for combat. Plus, asgard ships don't have fighters and 304s have a max of 16 fighters each while wraith hive ships have hundreds of darts and goauld motherships have lots of gliders. So what I'm suggesting is that the Daniel Jackson-class be replaced by a Tauri carrier say CV-305. This way, the asgard battleships stay and the Tauri get a new ship that actually has a unique role.
Wow! long post! :afraid:

Mehr
13 Jan 2011 07:36 #35817 von MerlinGalgotta
Well, I get what you mean but your mistake in your argumentation is, we don't copy the series.
Means, a Hive won't have of course hundreds of fighters and the Jackson will not be a battle ship, but a good frigate with a appropriate weaponry. Nobody in the series said that it has no weapons and "science ship" does not automatically mean that it is defenceless. That's why it fits perfectly in our balancing concept and a carrier is not needed. ;)

Mehr
13 Jan 2011 08:43 #35818 von General_ONeill
Hm... good point. I guess I just don't like Daniel Jackson-class ships. Speaking of which, do you plan to improve the Asgard ships or they're gonna have the same look as the 1.1 version? Cause the Beliskner could sure use a rework on the skin!

Mehr
13 Jan 2011 11:27 #35821 von MerlinGalgotta
Well, I am sure we could enhance their look a lot, but we have actually other things to do. The rework of the Hive and the 304 was an exception, as they are the most important ships (beside the Hatak) in Stargate. At least in our oppinion.

Maybe, if we have some ressources left, we will rework the Asgard ships too.

Mehr
25 Jan 2011 13:14 #36309 von General_ONeill
Okay, a couple of questions.
Since I hate asking about the release date as much as you hate hearing that, I'm gonna ask that how much progress has been made on the mod? Meaning, do you still have units to model/skin? I saw 3 new Lantean/Asuran ships in the "exposed" version of your Atlantis at night pic. Are they ingame or they're still work in progress?

Another question is about sound effects. Will you go with unit speeches of version 1.1 or you're gonna add more? For example there are a couple of lines spoken by Colonel Caldwell in the show that are not in version 1.1. Some of those lines are actually cool and it would be nice to have them added in.

Final question(for now): Is the hyperspace window ready and working? Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried to look into the German forum but I didn't understand anything! :P

Mehr
25 Jan 2011 18:34 #36321 von MerlinGalgotta
1. it's impossible to name a general progress but you can be sure, that a lot of models still need to be done. The Asuran ships are all finished and if you had followed the news that came after the Atlantis pic, you would have seen them all.^^

2. Sound effects will be completely new but I have no idea which lines from which episodes will be used

3. Have you seen the video of the hyperspace window? If no, then watch it and you will have your answer. ;)

P.S.: better source for your:
www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-war

Ladezeit der Seite: 1.213 Sekunden