Pegasus Chronicles Misc Suggestions/Questions

Mehr
27 Aug 2009 18:19 #8146 von MerlinGalgotta
Well, FoC has one problem, "pirate" factions (the ones, that don't replace an original, playable one) have NO AI. We can add an aggressive AI, but no "economic" AI, that builds ships and such stuff. Means, they can only use their starting fleets. And this results in an empty GC map after some turns, cause the AI has lost all their ships-> not funny! ;)
Now to topic: "take over" is possible, but there are some reasons, why you shouldn't be able to get control of their ships and units. Of course we are thinking about the possibility, that the player can get some heroes or a few ships of the Tokra, but atm. you will only meet them and be able to controll them in some tactical events, like the Supergate battle.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

27 Aug 2009 18:22 #8147 von MSG-Bot
everything would be fine if you just got an AI scripter =\

Mehr
27 Aug 2009 18:31 #8150 von MerlinGalgotta
No offense, but NOBODY has programmed an active "pirate" AI yet...there is simply no way to activate it completely! One of many hardcoded things...

27 Aug 2009 18:50 #8152 von MSG-Bot
well, if the world got a AI scripter then^^
What about goa'uld, Tau'ri and wraith Ai then? Will you just keep the old?

Mehr
27 Aug 2009 20:27 #8155 von MerlinGalgotta
No, i think you don't understand it. Those, who replace the original playable races, have a full AI. The AI in the Final 1.1 was so bad, cause we have changed so much in the last weeks of development, but never adapted the AI to these changes. But due restrictions in the codes, it is impossible to change the AI of pirate factions (which does NOT replace playable ones) that much.

27 Aug 2009 21:07 #8158 von MSG-Bot
ye ye, i see what you mean :P
stupid game =\

Mehr
27 Aug 2009 22:27 #8161 von Orianbeter
but cant help hugussi or cody the ai
if the ai doesnt spawn ships hugussi can spawn ships 4 them...

Mfg Orianbeter
Dateianhang:

Mehr
27 Aug 2009 22:37 #8162 von Commander Cody
We could spawn ships for them with events but if we don't want to make it too complicated it would always be the same number of the same types on the same planet(s) and can be really annoying if you build up a fleet to conquer the enemy and suddenly the enemies fleet is twice as big as before.

At the moment I'm trying to work my way through the AI but I got some problems. With luck I'll solve them and might be able to make some adjustments to the AI in the future but anything more than adjustments would be too time consuming.

Mehr
28 Aug 2009 01:22 #8164 von K3NK0275

canshow schrieb: Those are some good ideas, but im not sure as the naquadah drain is possible with this game, since its nothing at all like starcraft, and u cant just tell the game to remove resources.

i like they idea that the gate would drain the resourses
if its possible i have an idea for that
Part1:make the gate repairable
Part2:have the gate take constant damage(enough so that part3 can take place)
Part3:repair the gate, this should (with the help of part2 take away your resourses while keeping the gate
operational and make it seem like the gate isnt taking any damage at all
Part4:make sure u dont have enough mines to keep increasing ur naquadah even tho u r repairing so that when u run out of naquadah it stops repairing so that the health of the gate starts to decrease and eventually get destroyed then when it respawns u can connect to a diff galaxy and start the process over again
hope u liked the idea :D

Mehr
28 Aug 2009 02:36 #8167 von GenHornet18

MerlinGalgotta schrieb: NOBODY has programmed an active "pirate" AI yet...

not true, i would have to verify but I believe the coding has already been written on another site:

everthingeaw?
filefront.eaw?

the ai wasn't great it may have been incomplete at the time, but it was functional

I am your sword, I am your shield,
Surrender is not an option()

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.890 Sekunden