Q: Ancient Station abilities?

Mehr
01 Jul 2018 23:59 #88823 von Deneb
Aloha,

So I read this in the wiki:-

-*-*-*-

The Ancient Station has 3 bigger fighter bays and 3 docking peers. If you use the "Dock_Ship_Hangar" upgrade ability and a valid Ship (= Ancient Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer or Transporter) is nearby the Starase docks it to the pier at position 1.
Once you dock the next ship the station automatically rotates the hexagonal Ring of level 2/3 to get a empty slot to position 1 for docking.
And you can use the "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counter-Clockwise" ability to choose which ship is supposed to undock: pointing at the one in position 1 at the front.
The Ancient Starbase Level 2 and 3 get a free Ancient Corvette from the Hyperspace as garnision unit docked to the Starbase if the player is no AI.
"Dock_Fighter_Bay" and "Undock_Fighter_Bay" are supposed to dock/undock one Heavy Fighter or Hevy Bomber, same as the "Dock_Ship_Hangar" ability. The Arms rotate away to make sure no spaceship blocks the entrance to the fighter bay. Sometimes if bigger ships are docked like Transporters, that blocks the rotatino movement. CAUTION: I know there is a save/load crash bug if you try to dock a whole squadron of Heavy Fighter/Bomber instead of the single unit. I try to fix this in the future.
Once the Starbase reached a level 5 you can build the "Ancient_Superlaser_LV_1", and you then seperately need to build "Fire_Ancient_Laser" in order to fire that laser 1x and to deal some bigger damage to nearby Enemy ships (won't do anything without a valid target). So you can use "Fire_Ancient_Laser" in battles as offensive ability.
The Ancient Superlaser can then further be upgraded to level 2 and Level 3, each level increases the damage points inflicted by "Fire_Ancient_Laser".
If the Starbase has lost the fire Hardpoints on one side of the Ring on level 3 the player can use "Rotate_Constantly" to tell the Starbase to rotate the ring AS LONG AS enemy ships are nerarby. If no enemy ships are nearby that ring will only turn for a full 360* rotation. This is useful to get the Hardpoint on the other side of the Starbase into fireposition! Or to fire some Hardpoints that are ready to fire while the others rotate away and recharge for the next shot.
The "Power_to_Shields" upgrade works similar like the ship ability, but it requires at least a Ancient Corvette to be docked to the station in order to redirect some power from that Corvette systems into the Shield emitter of the Starbase. That will show the shield mesh of the Starbase for about 30 seconds and boost the shield by a tad.
Sometimes it makes sense to dock heavily damaged ships to the Starbase in order to protect them under the shield umbrella of the Starbase. But don't forget to undock them before the Starbase gets destroyed or the docked ships will blow up together with the construction.
And finally the player can choose to buy "Evacuation_Transporter". That spawns and docks a Evacuation Transporter into one of the Hangars. Once the Ancinet Starbase gets critical damage, some seconds before the Starbase blows up that transporter flees to evacuate all civilian personal on that Starbase. If the player manages to escape that small Transporter to the next bigger ship without getting it destroyed, the player earns a reward of 5000 Credits.

-*-*-*-

This sounds awesome!
Question; how do I test/use it? Is this even implemented yet?

I only see a shield boost in prelude campaign, options to upgrade/buy stuff not visible.
Even though the lvl 5, has a super laser, can't seem to use it. (This is active in the Replicator AI - lvl 6 station).

P.S. I want a lvl 6 station! So jealous...

Cheers

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
02 Jul 2018 00:43 #88825 von Imperial
A:

This sounds awesome!
Question; how do I test/use it? Is this even implemented yet?

Thank you!
Is implemented, I guess the Starbases need to be upgraded. These Starbase abilities should be buildable then.

Even though the lvl 5, has a super laser, can't seem to use it. (This is active in the Replicator AI - lvl 6 station).

Weird, maybe there is a bug, I need to test it again.

P.S. I want a lvl 6 station! So jealous...

There is a lv6 made and coded, it was just never used by now..
Will look to put it into the GC in one of our next patches.

Cheers

Mehr
02 Jul 2018 11:15 #88826 von SuperPlayer
The abillieties you describe have been disabled for now, because they were causing many issues. We will look into re-adding them in the future.

Mehr
02 Jul 2018 14:52 #88828 von Jack Hunter
Unfortunately the level 6 station is just unique to the Asurans and in a tactical mission for the Wraith against the Ancients (Athos or Orakis, can't remember correctly). They will never be available for the player, because the tech system only allows 5 levels.

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

Mehr
02 Jul 2018 21:57 #88830 von Deneb
Thanks for the feedback all,

I suspected most of this; that the abilities were missing for now in the beta, and that the lvl6 is unique to Asurans. Pity...

Just wanted to double-check I wasn't being a idiot somehow and failing to tab over to an upgrade menu like most stations have.

I'll look forward to it's eventual re-implementation, or some stable sub-set there-off.

(P.S. When the Asurans were using their stations Superlaser, it was still active/fireing after I killed the station down in that corner, while I was hunting the rest of their fleet)

Gratz

Mehr
03 Jul 2018 20:05 - 03 Jul 2018 20:06 #88831 von Imperial

They will never be available for the player, because the tech system only allows 5 levels.

Actually we could give it to the player as additonal fortess building on a important planet
Letzte Änderung: 03 Jul 2018 20:06 von Imperial.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.508 Sekunden