SG:EaW (FoC Mod)

Mehr
14 Aug 2009 22:14 #7413 von Leto II
Leto II antwortete auf SG:EaW (FoC Mod)
Replicators would be an easy fourth race if you're lacking ground units... Just saying
Spider swarm
The larger bug things
The Queen bug that was in Apophis's ship could be a tank
Human Forms
And then the skelton form from Ark of Truth

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
15 Aug 2009 00:01 #7419 von McKay
McKay antwortete auf SG:EaW (FoC Mod)
No fourth race, sorry.

Mehr
15 Aug 2009 02:27 #7423 von GenHornet18
GenHornet18 antwortete auf SG:EaW (FoC Mod)
@Oneill

ya not a problem, although i find it odd that Merlin calls this illegal. I don't know what laws Germany has but in Canada if it can stay on the internet more then 2 days it's legal. Not to mention that everything i suggest as been around for more then a year and is proven to be legal.

On the topic of legality tho,

From what i have seen from this mod it's legal because you have said it will/is free. Although be reading around you have told others what they can and cannot change in the mod, buy doing this it's a case of infringement and technically isn't allowed without the written consent of lucasarts and petroglyph because your mod still uses there issued engine and work.

Think before you post next time,

I am your sword, I am your shield,
Surrender is not an option()

Mehr
15 Aug 2009 11:44 #7432 von MerlinGalgotta
Oh dude, you are totally wrong about the whole thing!

If a thing is illegal or not does absolutely NOT depend on how long it is available in the inet. Of course we have a completely different law here in Germany, but a human with a normal sense of "good and evil" should recognize, that using a crack to bypass a copy protection can't be legal!
Apart from that, our mod is also illegal but tolerated by MGM, as long as we don't make any money with it(that's why we have NO advertising on our homepage for example).

Furthermore it's a matter of honour and respect to not use our work without our permission! That's the way it is in the modding scene and i bet that you would steal and use everything wihtout any bad conscience, now that i have read you comment again...

So, the one who should think before posting next time is YOU, not me! ;)

Mehr
15 Aug 2009 17:21 #7473 von GenHornet18
GenHornet18 antwortete auf SG:EaW (FoC Mod)

MerlinGalgotta schrieb: using a crack to bypass a copy protection can't be legal!

lol excellent choice of words (let me refer back to your bootloader for this mod)

true though i do modify this mod without your consent (never liked your balancing scheme), although i do show a true admiration for the modeling of the ships(pixel for pixel it pretty damn good) and do find it unfair to use them without your consent as that is just unfair. Although the coding is modifiable and no offense but some of the coding is a little off (i don't blame you with dozens of xmls) so i do change quite a bit of that.

other then that i would congratulate you on a fairly well done mod, illegal or not, the community seems to support it (myself included)

I am your sword, I am your shield,
Surrender is not an option()

Ladezeit der Seite: 1.059 Sekunden