Daedalus VS. Odyssey

Mehr
26 Okt 2013 06:49 #61597 von Col. Reynolds
Daedalus VS. Odyssey wurde erstellt von Col. Reynolds
I was playing a few rounds today and decided to test how strong both the Daedalus and the Odyssey were against several different types of opponents. Specifically, I faced them against the Ori Mothership. I noticed two things: first, that the Odyssey's Asgard Plasma beam weapon barely damaged the Ori shield, while the Daedalus' Nuclear Warhead weapon did twice as much damage. Second, the Daedalus was able to withstand several more hits from the Ori Laser weapon than compared to the Odyssey. I tested this out a few times, and usually got the same result. Plus, even against other ships, the Odyssey's armour seemed to be weaker.
What are people's opinions on this? It is entirely possible I am wrong. :P

Not much faith in Plan A?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
26 Okt 2013 12:47 #61598 von christ
christ antwortete auf Daedalus VS. Odyssey
You are right with the shields, the Daedalus has 25% more shield points compared to the Odyssey, but the hardpoints of the Odyssey are stronger (400 HP vs 250 HP). You can watch all these stats in the XML-Files (and modify them, but then you cant play multiplayer matches).

The comparison of the Plasmabeam and the Nuke is way more difficult. The damage of the Beam is 900, the Nuke has 3000. However, as a Area of Effect Damage, this damage is always reduced.

Mehr
26 Okt 2013 14:04 #61601 von Jack Hunter
And don't forget the cooldown of the abilities. The nuke has more than the Asgard laser, so this can used at least twice in the time till the nuke is ready.^^

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

Mehr
26 Okt 2013 14:59 #61602 von The Art of War
Hi,

This is intended. As you can build the Odyssey in any Tau'ri Space Station it should logically not be as powerful as a ship only buildable in a Pegasus Supergate.

Bene 00:22 replicators, little shiny cute bug robots

3 bottle eof wine etc.

Mehr
26 Okt 2013 20:00 #61609 von Col. Reynolds
Well that all makes sense. I was just curious what the stats were. I also completely forgot that the Daedalus was from the Supergate. I'm wondering if we could have an option to interface a ZPM to certain ships, possibly giving them an extra boost for a limited time?

Mehr
26 Okt 2013 20:23 #61611 von Jack Hunter
I think that is not possible in Skirmish, just in GC, but then also only for the strongest ship of the fleet.

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

Mehr
26 Okt 2013 20:46 #61612 von Col. Reynolds
Alright, thanks for the info.

Ladezeit der Seite: 1.217 Sekunden