× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

Models and other data not loading.

Mehr
02 Dez 2017 22:08 #88554 von Boriss
On the stable version in single player, Othala map (and every other map too):

Models not loading properly, sometimes ships do not show any model at all, just green hardpoints, can be targeted but cannot be destroyed, on Othala 4 stations needed to make the map-unique ship cannot be seen/built.

Core i5 3210M - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD
disc version of the game

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
02 Dez 2017 23:04 #88558 von baal
Hm, this sounds a lot like some assets are not correctly installed on your end..
If you use the launcher, can you go to settings -> compatibility check? That will test if the data in your mod directory is valid.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things .
The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."

- The Doctor

Mehr
02 Dez 2017 23:31 #88559 von Boriss
Comp check recommended reinstall. Strange, could this have occurred during an update? Because I was not reinstalling it since last compatibility check, only updating.
Or maybe during switch beta - stable ?

Mehr
03 Dez 2017 00:30 #88563 von baal
Hmmmm, Beta and Stable are technically completely separate mods, so they shouldn't be able interfere with each other.

Do you know if the issue started occurring directly after an update? I suppose some files could have been damaged either while downloading or while extracting a patch archive...
If reinstalling (resetting the mod through the launcher options, then clicking "update") doesn't help, try to reset the mod, then manually open your Forces of Corruption \ Mods directory and delete the Stargate folder, and only then reopen the launcher and check for updates again. That will make it re-download all the archive files, in case one of them was corrupted.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things .
The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."

- The Doctor

Mehr
03 Dez 2017 12:40 - 03 Dez 2017 16:22 #88564 von Boriss
The first compatibility check said "mod directory not clean", after clicking fix and redownloading the mod, it still says "mod not clean".
Thus it would seem something got corrupted as you said, Baal. I will reset the mod and report whether it helped or not.

So, I have tried deleting the entire SG folder then redownloading. Compatibility check still reports mod directory not clean. Everything else is okey, just the mod directory not clean. Only thing I can try is to remove sg launcher with it and redownload it.
Letzte Änderung: 03 Dez 2017 16:22 von Boriss.

Mehr
05 Dez 2017 10:55 - 05 Dez 2017 11:08 #88569 von Boriss
So far nothing works. Only thing I can try is to reinstall the disc version of core game.
Cant there be some conflict because I have the disc version that doesnt have those screwover patches released on steam?
Letzte Änderung: 05 Dez 2017 11:08 von Boriss.

• Locutus
  • Locutuss Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
Mehr
09 Dez 2017 00:16 #88573 von Locutus
No, that should not influence the launcher.

But could you elaborate your problem in greater detail please?
'Cos there are two things I want to address to from your original desciption.

Boriss schrieb: just green hardpoints

The hardpoint reticule which visualizes shield, weapon, engine, etc has always been green. That is no bug.

Boriss schrieb: Othala 4 stations needed to make the map-unique ship cannot be seen/built.

That bug is indeed part of the latest version. It has been found and fixed, and will be part of the next patch.

Mehr
09 Dez 2017 11:25 #88575 von Boriss

Locutus schrieb: No, that should not influence the launcher.

But could you elaborate your problem in greater detail please?
'Cos there are two things I want to address to from your original desciption.

Boriss schrieb: just green hardpoints

The hardpoint reticule which visualizes shield, weapon, engine, etc has always been green. That is no bug.

Well, the problem was that the rest of the ship was missing. Just the hardpoints floating in the air, with no ship attached to it. These hardpoints were indestructible. No matter what was shooting at it, the shields were not damaged. These hard points were still able to blow up other ships tho. Another problem I encountered was that the ship just went blank. Like this:
Dateianhang:

Boriss schrieb: Othala 4 stations needed to make the map-unique ship cannot be seen/built.

That bug is indeed part of the latest version. It has been found and fixed, and will be part of the next patch.

Well, that solves that one.

Mehr
10 Dez 2017 13:41 #88580 von Imperial

Boriss schrieb: The first compatibility check said "mod directory not clean", after clicking fix and redownloading the mod, it still says "mod not clean". Thus it would seem something got corrupted as you said, Baal. I will reset the mod and report whether it helped or not.

We used to have some Launcher versions that always mark moddir as "not clean", which was an report error. Which Launcher Version do you have? (In Settings/Advanced/About)

Boriss schrieb: Cant there be some conflict because I have the disc version that doesnt have those screwover patches released on steam?

If you reinstall the Disc version over the Steam one that might cause the Registry entry of the Game to point now to the Disc versoin instead of the steam one, so you will always start the Disc verision until you put the steam version back over it. (but the Mod is still inside of Steam Directory installation?)
You could check your registry key for Lucasarts and have a look to which game it points, or just move Installation A away from its directory and Launch the mod, if the Launcher starts Star Wars that means that is the currently used one. Otherwise Installation B is the used one.

Boriss schrieb: Just the hardpoints floating in the air, with no ship attached to it. These hardpoints were indestructible.
No matter what was shooting at it, the shields were not damaged.

This only means that the Game could not load any "Collision" Mesh inside of that model, the Game probably did either not found any model at all. It found just the position of the Hardpoints I guess.

These hard points were still able to blow up other ships tho.

Means the Hardpoints themselfes work correct code wise and are also registered in the HardpointDataFiles.xml

Another problem I encountered was that the ship just went blank. Like this

White Petroglyph texture means the Texture of this model was not found.

So my impression is that your Art Directory is whether not containing the right models/texures or that the game searches for them at the wrong location.
If you start the Game using a Bat file, to which mod dir does it point?
Same for Steam parameters, for open beta the last dir is supposed to be StargateOpenBeta instead of Stargate (= stable).

If you start using the Launcher please make sure to have Settings/General/Game Mode set to the version you desire to start, either stable or Beta

Mehr
10 Dez 2017 16:44 #88582 von Boriss
Launcher version 1.5.9, mod version 1.5.1

I do not own steam version. I only own disc version.

The model not loading happened like this: I play with AI ally as tau´ri versus goa´uld. I blow up enemy space stations (victory conditions set to "destroy enemy", not "destroy enemy space station"), enemy starts bringing in his heaviest ships. One Anubis super ha´tak loaded, identical ship for the other AI enemy did not load. Same with those wraith cruisers on the screenshot. First it shows those ships all okay then suddenly like on screenshot.

All of which happened on stable version.

Ladezeit der Seite: 2.213 Sekunden