× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

SG-1 Hijack Problem

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 04:32 - 16 Jan 2016 04:33 #77674 von Col. Reynolds
SG-1 Hijack Problem wurde erstellt von Col. Reynolds
Hey guys, happy New Years! Happy Kwanza, Christmas, Hanukkah, Saturnalia, birthday, whatever...

Yesterday I played a a couple games as the Tau'ri, against Anubis. In the first game, I used SG-1's hijack ability on a New Ha'tak. Immediately I noticed a weird bug. The SG-1 icon froze in the spot where they hijacked the Ha'tak. They did hijack it, and it worked perfectly, but the SG-1 remained still. After the Ha'tak was destroyed, SG-1 did not return to their scout ship. I could not select them, or do anything. They seemed to have glitched into place. I've uploaded a photo to explain better.

SG-1 Hijacked the Ha'tak in the top right (green circle) at which point the icon froze. Then, I moved the Ha'tak (now under my control)
to the bottom left (Red circle). Later, when it was destroyed, SG-1 did not return to the scout ship, and were still frozen.

Dateianhang:

(Edit: sorry, I thought the picture would be bigger)

Not much faith in Plan A?
Letzte Änderung: 16 Jan 2016 04:33 von Col. Reynolds.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 09:33 #77677 von Imperial
Imperial antwortete auf SG-1 Hijack Problem

Hey guys, happy New Years! Happy Kwanza, Christmas, Hanukkah, Saturnalia, birthday, whatever...

Hey thank you, I am currently happy (well as happy I could be knowing my ability script buggs again ^^)

I used SG-1's hijack ability on a New Ha'tak. Immediately I noticed a weird bug. The SG-1 icon froze in the spot where they hijacked the Ha'tak. They did hijack it, and it worked perfectly, but the SG-1 remained still.

I experienced this bug in the test phases, by now it actually should already be fixed.

After the Ha'tak was destroyed, SG-1 did not return to their scout ship. I could not select them, or do anything. They seemed to have glitched into place.

After the captured vehicle got destroyed it is supposed to die with that ship.
What do you think, should SG1 be able to escape instead, or is it more realitically to keep their fate depending on succes of the captued vehicle?

I hope this error happend once only because the lua script crashed or didnt moved into the so called "state" which tells SG1 icon to follow the captured vehicle and to die with it. Is that happening again or was it a incident that happens sometimes and is acceptable given the nature of how the way these lua scripts function?

Edit: sorry, I thought the picture would be bigger

Well, making a photo with the cellphone is one way to do it, or you could press F12 to use the screenshot function of the game, the pictures are saved in .tga format (atleast for windows 7) in this directory:
C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Petroglyph\Empire At War - Forces of Corruption\ScreenShots

Anyways, thank you very much for your bug report Col. Reynolds.
If we get more such bug reports I am going to have another look into that ability.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 22:42 #77695 von Col. Reynolds
Remember, you're essentially overhauling an entire game. A few bugs now and again are nothing :P

Imperial schrieb: After the captured vehicle got destroyed it is supposed to die with that ship.
What do you think, should SG1 be able to escape instead, or is it more realitically to keep their fate depending on succes of the captued vehicle?

I'm sorry, for some reason I thought they escaped when it exploded. Weren't they able to escape in Stargate : EAW? They destroyed the ship too. I think it they should be able too. It would so characteristically SG-1. But who am I to say?

Imperial schrieb: I hope this error happend once only because the lua script crashed or didnt moved into the so called "state" which tells SG1 icon to follow the captured vehicle and to die with it. Is that happening again or was it a incident that happens sometimes and is acceptable given the nature of how the way these lua scripts function?

So far it has only happened once.
But.
Just before I wrote this message, I played the Antarctica Wave Map, and had SG-1 hijack an Old Ha'tak. When they were destroyed, I was unable to rebuild them. They did not show up in the UI when I selected the space station.

Additionally, when I used the Apollo's engine boost, you can hear the Star Wars "full power to engines" voice. In case you guys missed that.

As for the picture, I don't know why I didn't think of F12. :P

Imperial schrieb: Anyways, thank you very much for your bug report Col. Reynolds.
If we get more such bug reports I am going to have another look into that ability.

You're welcome. I hate to be the bearer of bad news. While this ability seems to be buggy, what other ability could they have?

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 22:49 #77696 von Jack Hunter
It is true that SG-1 could escape in an older version of this ability, but because this ability was buggy we overhauled it and removed the escape option to prevent one of the bugs and to make the ability not too overpowered (otherwise SG-1 could capture the next ship and then the next and so on). We thought the new ability would work now, at least in our tests everything was ok, but now we have again a bug. =(

You can make screenshots with F12 or alternatively use the PRINT button and paste the picture afterwards in an image editing program.

Texter und Planet Coder (GE) der SGMG
Berater und Co-Autor von Stargate Dark Jump
Korrekturleser für Fan Fictions

• Locutus
  • Locutuss Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • [SGMG] Project Co-Lead, Lead Coder, 3D-Artist
Mehr
17 Jan 2016 00:05 #77697 von Locutus
Locutus antwortete auf SG-1 Hijack Problem

Col. Reynolds schrieb: Additionally, when I used the Apollo's engine boost, you can hear the Star Wars "full power to engines" voice. In case you guys missed that.

We did!
Will be fixed with the next patch:)

Mehr
17 Jan 2016 01:58 #77698 von Imperial

I'm sorry, for some reason I thought they escaped when it exploded. Weren't they able to escape in Stargate : EAW? They destroyed the ship too. I think it they should be able too. It would so characteristically SG-1. But who am I to say?

The opinion of other fans are important to me. Yeah this decision is a tough one, I actally agree. Still would be very overpowered.

So far it has only happened once.

Ok, I hope this was a lua crash caused by bad timing (sometimes lua scripts interfer with eachother if you activate 2 abilities at the same time and they use the same command simultanously) and hope that I dont need to mess around with this complicated ability for longer.

But.
Just before I wrote this message, I played the Antarctica Wave Map, and had SG-1 hijack an Old Ha'tak. When they were destroyed, I was unable to rebuild them.

Yeah we got this bug already reported, should already be fixed by the next patch.

While this ability seems to be buggy, what other ability could they have?

We took this ability because it kind of fits to SG1, they sneek into Goauld vessles and kick them snakeheads in their slimy asses^^

There all the abilities you know from the vanilla game and we were creative inventing some new abilities (used the code of the original abilities as base to build on them). If you happen to have any ideas for abilities dont hesitate to suggest it.

For SG1 Im happy with this one, as long the bugs dont happen often.

Mehr
17 Jan 2016 08:22 #77699 von Col. Reynolds
Wow, I managed to get the Big Three to answer. Thank you for all your responses. Good luck with the other bugs!

As for SG-1's hijack ability, I think I came up with a solution while I was sleeping. We give them the ability to kill/neutralise heroes. This would be the same power as the Smugglers in the vanilla game. Depending on the hero, SG-1 would be able to kill/neutralise them for a price. The stronger the hero, the higher the cost. In GC this would be simple. How you would implement the cost factor in Skirmish is probably going to be much more complex...

I can think of two alternatives for price in Skirmish,: they can neutralise one hero instantly, once, for the entire game. For example, if they kill Ba'al, he's out for the rest of the skirmish. But, SG-1 cannot use they power again. One shot wonder.
My second is that they can neutralise heroes instantly, but the refresh timer for the ability is quite long...
These are just half-drunken thoughts. I sure you could come up with something.

Anyways, in case you guys decide to abandon the Hijack ability, this is my suggestion. It is still characteristically SG-1 in my opinion.

Imperial schrieb: The opinion of other fans are important to me. Yeah this decision is a tough one, I actally agree. Still would be very overpowered.

I love how active all of you are on the website and the facebook page. Especially when you listen to fan suggestions. No words can really describe how I feel about this game. Just, keep it up guys.

Mehr
17 Jan 2016 10:59 #77701 von Imperial
Executer ability. Why not :D
I wouldnt use it for SG1 now, but if we happen to wonder what ability we take for a new hero next time this one will come into the discussion.

See U :h_salute:

Ladezeit der Seite: 1.238 Sekunden