× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

Additional Hero ships for Tauri

Mehr
21 Aug 2015 06:32 #74334 von Imperial
And forgot to mention you will also need BARRAGE in the <SpaceBehavior> tag.

Have to apologize that I currently dont know generally much about these types of abilities because I allways used other abilities by now.

Similar abilities are
"BLAST", "ROCKET_ATTACK", "LUCKY_SHOT", "ION_CANNON_SHOT", "SUPER_LASER", "ENERGY_WEAPON"

Its probably a good idea for me to write a full toturial that covers the most common abilities and all their particular behavoir requirements and other required stuff in order to get them working (cause that can get complicated sometimes).
The general way to find these things out is simply copying different types of vanilla game .xml units and adjusting their tags, simply playing around with it.

Currently im very busy with working on the mod, at least for the next 2 weeks. I'll try to get that tutorial online within the next month.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Aug 2015 07:13 #74336 von Taichl
I have already tried it with the "ION_CANNON_SHOT" from "Mitchel squadron" but that proved to be non functional because the Apollo - after activating the ability - was unable to target anything. meaning the red cursor was allways yellow just like when you try to beam the daedalus nuke out of beaming range. Can it be bacause I did not modify the Spacebahevior tag?

Mehr
21 Aug 2015 08:50 #74337 von Imperial
I just had some tests with Blast and it worked, with <Blast_Ability_Fire_Projectile_Type> specified in each hardpoint you want to fire, works maybe even without them having the <Type> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_SPECIAL </Type> tag (which has strong negative effects on targeting).

Further you can leave these 2 tags away or set them to 0.0 to fire precise salves, or insert inaccuracy values so there is a chance your projectiles will miss their target (like blast of the Goauld Artillery ship):
<Area_Effect_Decal_Distance> 0.0 </Area_Effect_Decal_Distance>
<Targeting_Fire_Inaccuracy_Fixed_Radius_Override>0.0</Targeting_Fire_Inaccuracy_Fixed_Radius_Override>

I didnt got it working by now either, I guess "ION_CANNON_SHOT" requires FIGHTER_LOCOMOTOR in the <SpaceBehavior> tag to replace SIMPLE_SPACE_LOCOMOTOR. But that causes bigger ships to move like a fighter.
Sometimes this lockes their navigation and they can move only in 1 direction (weird bug, there is a solution but I forgot how to fix that).

Mehr
23 Aug 2015 17:18 #74367 von Taichl
Hi. Well thanks for all the help. I will try to make it work but I have decided to go step by step. Menaning that first, I want to make the self destruct for the Hammond work. In this task I have succeded - in a way. I made the ability work but there is one little problem. The death clone animation for 304 is way longer that the animation for "Daedalus Nuke" meaning that after the ability is triggered the nuke effect appear. Yet when it expires, the 304 (Hammond) is still there exploding. I have tried to modify the particle to make it last longer but so far with no succes. I have noticed that the "Daedalus Nuke" is itself a variation of "Tauri Nuke explosion" So I tried to modify it as well but again with no results. Is it even possible to make this particle effect animation last longer?
Another problem I noticed was that sometimes the 304 hero (not necessary the Hammond since it happened to Daedalus as well) after death does not trigger the death clone animation. Instead the ship stays where it was destroyed yet physicaly it is not there, only the 304 model stays and the icon of the hero stays on the upper corner. This happened many times and not just to me as a player but also to AI - I played as Wraits and AI as Tauri and after I destroyed the Daedalus, it did not disapear and stood there. In this gameplay it happened twice so the Daedalus icon on AI side of UI had 3 Caldwells. Do you know what causes this bug?

Mehr
23 Aug 2015 17:51 - 23 Aug 2015 18:07 #74370 von Imperial

Is it even possible to make this particle effect animation last longer?

Not using the xmls. You could make it last longer if you edit it with the petroglyph particle editor. This is the only petroglyph tool which I don't know anything about.
But instead I'd suggest to <Death_Clone>Damage_Normal, Particle_Tauri_Nuke_Explosion</Death_Clone> simply insert the explosion particle as new deathclone to replace the old one.

Generally a while ago when I didnt bothered to make own deathclones I used this huge explosion for each ship destruction because it is quite general. You either can search the xmls for the original game particle of the seismic bomb from (was it boba or jango fett)s ability. This version is 40% smaller then the SGMG version and fitts better for smaller explosions.

Do you know what causes this bug?

Models remaining on the field without moving is caused by whether non existent or empty <Death_Clone> tag, or the content of this tag is no valid deathclone instance.

Edit:
In the .xml of the stock BC304s the Deathclone is named Interceptor4_Frigate_Death_Clone but in all Deathclone tags of all 304 Heroes it is BC_304_Death_Clone o.O this is what happens when anyone changes names in a inconsequent way. We're going to fix this deathclone bug for the official version thank you. Our Betatester found this bug as well.

I have no idea about the multiple icons bug, maybe its the same bug.
Letzte Änderung: 23 Aug 2015 18:07 von Imperial.

Mehr
23 Aug 2015 18:55 #74373 von Taichl
So do you think that simple replacing of the Death clone for generic 304 with "BC_304_Death_Clone" would be enough to fix it?

In case of Nuke effect for Death Clone. Yeah. I alredy considered it. It wouldn't be a problem to switch 304 effect for Nuke effect. I will probably let it be that way since it is les work for me.

Mehr
23 Aug 2015 19:25 #74374 von Imperial

So do you think that simple replacing of the Death clone for generic 304 with "BC_304_Death_Clone" would be enough to fix it?

Sure, simply rename Interceptor4_Frigate_Death_Clone to BC_304_Death_Clone for both, the entry of the <Death_Clone> tag and the Deathclone unit itself then everything should be fine.

The issue here was the <Death_Clone> tag tried to call a non existent Deathclone unit (caused by false name).
Actually, this could also explain why many players experienced Game crashes in skirmish as soon Tauri units died. Did you had any crash once any of the 304 heroes died ?

Mehr
23 Aug 2015 19:53 #74375 von Taichl
well yeah, but first you need to understand that so far ( by that I mean since ma latest install of Pegasus Chronicles) I played full gamaplay only twice. The rest was just trying of edited units and so on. Both gameplay were played as Wraiths. The first crashed the second was ok, I won it and if I remember it correctly the difficulty was normal. In the first gameplay (the one that crashed) it was also on normal diffilculty yet in that gameplay there was this 304 bug that we talked about. During gameplay tha game crashed but to be honest I do not remember if it was after destruction of some Tauri unit. If I'd guess I'd say it happened when the AI spawned a ship but I am really not sure about this.
But rest assured, now I have more free time so I will try it more and more ;)

But if I may return to the 304 DeathClone, there is one thing I do not understand. You see in my gameplay I removed generic 304 (I am maniac when it comes to 304 "conon" - meaning I want only the hero ones known from the series). That is why I do not understand why the bug can be caused by wrong code of a Unit that is not even playable and available in my skirmish. If I had the generic 304 then yes sure, there woud be a unit with conflicting code, but since this unit is missing in my game, how is it still able to cause the bug?

Mehr
23 Aug 2015 20:07 #74376 von Imperial

I do not understand why the bug can be caused by wrong code of a Unit that is not even playable and available in my skirmish.

Its caused in a indirect way, because of mislinking. The point is the 2 deathclones above had different names but they're supposed to have the same one.

I told you to change the name of the deathclone in the stock 304 because its easier to change it in 1 xml then to change it in all hero unit xmls instead. The issue itself generates in the Hero unit.xml when it points towards a non existent deathclone (because of the name missmatch).

In order to solve that mismatch we can whether change the name of the stock 304 or of all heroes, that doesent matter as long they finally get the same name.

Well, to be honest the deathclones dont necessarely have to be linked to the default 304 one and we could make a seperate deatclone for each hero unit with a own name. I think its still better to link to an already existing xml instance because more instances means (by a tiny millisecond) longer loading times. But unnecessary unit code in general can summ up to a noticable delay in the loading times.

Ladezeit der Seite: 2.465 Sekunden