× Hello there,

Before you post a bug report or a feature or help request, please think about these things first:

This forum is for questions about problems with the mod, feature requests for future work and reporting bugs with the current build. Please do not post anything about Stargate in general or such.

Search before posting. There might be another topic written by someone with the same problem as you have that resolved the issue.

Do not hijack someone else's topic with irrelevant questions of your own.

Please try to test bugs more than once; a bug may only happen one time and thus needs not be resolved after for example restarting the game and trying again.

When reporting a bug or asking for help, please supply us with as much relevant information as possible. State what the problem is, when it occured, if you changed something yourself just before the problem occured and so on.

Last but not least, remember to be polite!

Additional Hero ships for Tauri

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 18:01 #74317 von Taichl
Hi, I have a little problem that I cannot figure out on my own so I ask for help. I try to add all the known 304s as a Hero units for Tauri. (Korolev, Apollo, Hammond and may be even Sun Tzu). First. I added Korolev and Apollo (with icons from the original EaW SG mod). I have made description for both ships and even changed their abylities. All worked great and I was very happy. The problem was when I continued. No matter what I do I simply cannot add any more Hero 304s. I doublechecked the code (it was variation for Daedalus) and I was not able to find anything wrong with it. Yet the game still does not accept them. Isn't there any limitation on the number of heroes or anything like that? Because I can't think of anything else that should couse that to happen. I have even gone so far that in my "Taury_Space_Hero_Korolev" that worked pretty well, I changed the Text ID, Text_info and Icon to those of Hammond. Ingame it works and I have functional Hammond but its xml name is still Korolev.

If there is some sort of limitation on the number of heroes or anything like that, can you please tell me where?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 18:20 #74318 von Imperial
I noticed the xml engine sometimes merges .xml instances together if they have the same content in the <SpaceUnit Name= and the <Text_ID> or <Encyclopedia_Text> tags, so you could make sure they're different. (although it never happend to me for space units, only for other types of .xml instances.

However, you additionally need to register each new unit.xml you create into GameObjectFiles.xml and (if it got own Hardpoints) in HardPointDataFiles.xml as well in a <File> tag.

For more Information about .xml modding you can have a look at my tutorials (coding is video 10 and above):
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLild8kZ8-...aGqLWuJdGFSSXlrv3B_9

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 18:25 - 20 Aug 2015 19:00 #74319 von Admiral Bartels
Can you make this Videos in German too? (Obwohl ich habe gerade gesehen das du da gar nicht redest von daher kann ich das auch so übersetzen)

Jacob: Komm schon, Sam, das kann nicht komplizierter sein als eine Sonne zu sprengen.
Sam: Also wirklich! Da sprengt man eine Sonne und alle erwarten, dass man über Wasser laufen kann.
Jacob: ... Geschafft.
Sam: Und was kommt als nächstes?! Soll ich einen Ozean trennen?

:vortex2: :prior:...
Letzte Änderung: 20 Aug 2015 19:00 von Admiral Bartels.

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 18:58 #74320 von Taichl
Hi Imperial.
Thank you very much, it helped a lot and now all the heroes are working now. Thanks again. ;) ;) ;)

now I have some additional questions if I may. For the Hammond I would like to add the abylity to "self-destruct". I tried to add this abylity from the Aurora that already has it but it does not work at all for the 304. I tried to edit the "aurora" parts away but still nothing.

In case of the Apollo. I would like to make a "Horizon" abylity. It would fire a single rocket that would cause a nuclear explosion. The particle would be the one from the Tauri ground to space weapon. Problem is that I do not know where can I find this particle to copy it and insert into the Apollo. But first, is something like that even possible?

By the way all I know about modding that allowed me to edit the mod for me I know from your videos on Youtube Imperial so I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for them. They are perfect and extremly helpfull. ;)

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 19:15 #74322 von Imperial

Admiral Bartels schrieb: Can you make this Videos in German too?

Ja die videos in Deutsch zu machen währe mir ehrlich gesagt auch leichter gefallen, ich wollte aber mehr Publikum ansprechen, deshalb auf englisch.

Mit den sprechen tat ich mir damals schwer, da man soviele Sachen gleichzeitig im Auge behalten muss, deshalb war es einfacher den Text immer im Nachhinein zu korrigieren. Ich weiß allerdings das die meisten die Deutsch können auch mithilfe ihres Schul Englisch es doch noch entziffern können ^^

@Taichl
Well you need to have SELF_DESTRUCT written in to the <SpaceBehavior> tag in order for self destruct to work.
Generally each time ability refuses to work I'd check the space and land behavoir tag of the original unit and look for things that may have something to do with that particular ability. (I sometimes either wonder why a goddamn ability simply wont work ^^)

In case of the Apollo. I would like to make a "Horizon" abylity. It would fire a single rocket that would cause a nuclear explosion. The particle would be the one from the Tauri ground to space weapon. Problem is that I do not know where can I find this particle to copy it and insert into the Apollo. But first, is something like that even possible?

Yes indeed that is possible. You need to use the dummy ability "weaken enemy" which can spawn any .xml projectile (like the nuke missle from Daedalus).
I'd simply copy paste the ability of Daedalus to it.

In this case the name of the particle object is "Particle_Tauri_Nuke_Explosion" (by the way you can either use this as an explosive death clone).

By the way all I know about modding that allowed me to edit the mod for me I know from your videos on Youtube Imperial so I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for them. They are perfect and extremly helpfull.

Makes me happy to hear that, I've made them for people like you, trying to tinker abit on the game ^^

It took me almost 3 months to complete them back then :D

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 19:25 #74325 von Taichl

Imperial schrieb: Yes indeed that is possible. You need to use the dummy ability "weaken enemy" which can spawn any .xml projectile (like the nuke missle from Daedalus).
I'd simply copy paste the ability of Daedalus to it.

In this case the name of the particle object is "Particle_Tauri_Nuke_Explosion" (by the way you can either use this as an explosive death clone).

Well I believe you missunderstood me.
The "weaken enemy" i know. I already experimented with it. But this was not what I wanted to know. I was asking about hte Missile that would be fired. The same projectile that is used by the Tauri ground to space weapon (may be little scaled down). I would like the Apollo to fire this projectile (nuke) that would fly away to the target and than on impact explode (using Deadalus nuke effect). Bassicaly it would be exactly the same as the current ground to space abylity only fired from the Apollo.

In Case of the behaviour tag. thank I am gona check that out ;)

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 19:38 #74326 von Imperial
Oh, ok

You might need to paste these missle objects into any .xml and use them as projectile:

Warnung: Spoiler! [ Zum Anzeigen klicken ]

You might want to change the content of <Space_Model_Name> to your favorite model.

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 19:59 #74329 von Taichl
Thank you very much, that is great.
I think I know what to do but I am not sure so if it is OK I write it down.
1- I open my Apollo.xml
2- Scroll to the Projectile part
3- Paste your code
Now I have another projectile available so I can in a way create a new abylity that would use this particle (I would like to make it so that during one game the horizon could be fired only a few times. - recharge will be in a matter of tens of minutes)

Now I thought that the Horizon abylity would be a variation of the "Blast" abylity that would Exchange the plasma beam particle for the Horizon. So i copy the Blast abylity and change the projectile and that shoud do it.

Is this a correct way or am I missing something out?

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 20:55 #74331 von Imperial

1- I open my Apollo.xml
2- Scroll to the Projectile part
3- Paste your code

Thats right, then
4- Make sure the Model tag of the Code I pasted has a valid model (Im not sure if that model was realeased for the public version)

The point is I think, Barrage uses <Projectile_Types_Override> to overwrite all projectiles of all hardpoints to this type, which means all hardpoints might shoot nukes ^^

And now that I think further about that Im not sure if the thing I posted above acts like a missle.. sorry Im currently very tired.
You will probably need a simple projectile instead, edit something like this particle to your needs(changing model, size etc..) :
Warnung: Spoiler! [ Zum Anzeigen klicken ]

The normal projectiles are defined in <Fire_Projectile_Type> of each hardpoint.
There is also the <Blast_Ability_Fire_Projectile_Type> tag for Hardpoints, which replaces the projectile if you use Blast in combination with <Type> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_SPECIAL </Type> for the Hardpoint, but HARD_POINT_WEAPON_SPECIAL is bad because the ship aims in a weird way.

Making the ability usable once only is easy, simply put the Recharge_Seconds to 1 million, so it takes for ever to refresh:
<Expiration_Seconds>2</Expiration_Seconds>
<Recharge_Seconds>1000000</Recharge_Seconds>

Making it usable for 3 times or anything like that requires the editing of lua scripts, which is more complicated (There are my lua templates to make it abit easier):
www.stargate-eaw.de/index.php/de/compone...or-star-wars-eaw-foc

Mehr
20 Aug 2015 22:45 #74332 von Taichl
Well thanks. I will try to make it work, then I let you know ;)
Have a good night

Ladezeit der Seite: 2.573 Sekunden